Lightning

Chrome Lightning Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001 | 10:16 AM
|
Chrome Lightning Rims?

I thought I would ask the pros on this one!

I am considering buying a set of Chrome Lightning Rims for my truck, but have a couple of questions I hope you guys & gals could answer for me... Does Ford sell OEM Chrome weels or do I have to purchase a set of Taiwan Rims(knock offs). How do they hold up to the weather, is there a lot of up keep? Will they corode like a normal bare aluminum rim over time. What do you recommend to clean them with? Is there anything special to keeping them clean and like new. I would hate to buy them and they look terrible after a couple of years. What is the difference between OEM or aftermarket rims does it mater which ones I purchase?
Hope you can help with these questions!
Thanks!

Old 09-20-2001 | 10:29 AM
Rest In Peace
Talking

Fired UP!
One of my first mods were my chrome rims. Mine are the stock OEM rims the only difference in my rims and the stock ones are that my center cap has the lightning bolt on them instead of the SVT logo. The place i got them from they were 900 for the set plus i had to trade in my stock rims. This is how i know mine are factory rims because the place my rim guy gets them from takes your stock rims and then chromes them for the next guy in line. As for keeping them clean easy i just take some windex and clean them up and give them a coat of wax every once and a while. The wax really makes them shine. I think that the chrome rims look good on any truck but they really look good on black like my truck. My buddie had a 99 white and got the chrome rims to he loved them and looked good. He recently just traded his 99 white for a 01 red and got the chrome rims on that to did the same trade in deal. I gotta say that i didnt like the 01 rims that much stock but they look good chrome. Ive said this once and ill say it again FORD THE GEN 3 LIGHTNING CHROME RIMS AS AN OPTION AND NEW COLOR YELLOW
Vin

Old 09-20-2001 | 11:00 AM
Thumbs up

Check out Santa Ana Wheel. I got the name when I was looking to get my wheels chromed. They are easy to clean and look much better than stock. They are not the best as you can see small scratches in the chrome. I only paid $500 + my old wheels. Going out at lunch, will take the digital camera with me to post pics. The L and wheels may be a little dirty as it rained on my way in to work today. Below is the link to their webpage.

Santa Ana Wheel

Old 09-20-2001 | 11:14 AM
Lots of companies are making the chrome replica rims... For the longest life you will find that a triple chrome plated wheel with the proper care will last as long as a clear coated aluminum... As far as cleaning chrome glass cleaner... Also don't run the rims in the winter because salt eats the chrome off the wheels and then the rims start peeling... If chrome rims are run all year round in the winter months they should be waxed or coated with some ky jelly(protection from the salt)...

Later, Justin

Quick Reply: Chrome Lightning Rims?