Lightning

Bad behavior

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001 | 07:39 PM
|
Angry Bad behavior

When will it stop?

The behavior of a few members of this board is driving me crazy. Come one guys, and gals the bashing of vendors criticizing members for not using the seach engine, and general bad behavior must stop.

If you have a problem with a vendor deal with it in private.

If you think a question is stupid just ignore it.

If you disagree with someone that is OK, but be civil about it.

I am getting tired of all the politics on this board. Lets act like men not boys. This is a great board, but it going downhill fast because of the behavior of a few members.

Can't we all just get allong?

Don

Old 09-20-2001 | 07:43 PM
Unhappy

...i agree

Old 09-20-2001 | 07:51 PM
Rest In Peace
Talking

Don C
I agree with you on the search police hehe. I mean not gonna hurt anyone to post a question again that has been posted once before and now there is probably new info about it that wasnt on the old post anyway. As for arguing over stuff meaning like anything i like it to an extent because it keeps the boards interesting instead of it just being a board of oh i agree with you and this one agrees with you i like hearing people's other points of view and opinions. But i agree with you when the post become personl and name calling that shouldnt be done here it should be taken offline.
Vin

Old 09-20-2001 | 08:06 PM
Cool AMEN!

Don C,

I couldn't agree more!!!

Old 09-20-2001 | 08:06 PM
Don C,

I agree with you also!!! I will admit, I have let it slip a few times and am sorry for pointing fingers at certain people.

I think we have one love and that love should shine through in light of the tragic events.

I love the way that we can commune on a couple of sites and find all the info that we need about these trucks.

Last edited by 2_FAST4U; 09-21-2001 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2001 | 08:29 PM
Unhappy

Don,
Kindda makes me want to sell my truck.

Old 09-20-2001 | 08:53 PM
Jupiterak

Don't bother with this loser. He doesn't even own a Harley F150. Now he wants a Durango

Believe this guy goes on top of that list

Old 09-20-2001 | 09:01 PM
Arrow

In respect for others. I won't bother.

Old 09-20-2001 | 09:12 PM
What zorprime said,and the sad thing is it was this very board were i stumbled upon the L section while looking for f 150 info.This was two years ago and up until the past few months there seem to be a brotherhood among L owners that now has been replaced by not only tuner wars but the spellcheck police,the anti nascar police... these fine trucks were designed mostly by roush,the b.s. police that somtimes come on too strong,the friggin no it alls, name callers,most of which would bite there tounge in person and lately WAY to much soap opera drama. I have to think that the recent tragedys have everyone in a funk,but this is no excuse. I know there are a lot of members that read the boards but don't post anymore because of all the b.s. and i say please start posting again before this board self destructs,and we all realize what we HAD. Don you are right on the money. go 6

Old 09-20-2001 | 10:11 PM
Banned
Well said Don.

If you do a search, like the one I've done, you will find that several of the ones that are on the "do a search" patrol are some of the very ones that a year and a half ago were asking many of the same questions that are being asked now. I guess it was ok for them to ask a question and get a helpful response but now that they seem to have learned all there is to know they can't be bothered about passing some of that knowledge on to others.

Old 09-20-2001 | 11:42 PM
Don,
You have been around long enough to know what is what around here. It takes one person to "start something" and it escalades from there really fast.
I know your directing some of that towards me, and I do understand the reasoning, believe me I do.
But this is the internet, and information is shared here. If people choose to believe one thing, and not the other, then thats THIER choice, not ours.
The only thing we could do is provide them with usefull information. And unfortunetly some have more usefull knowledge to give then others.

Spiro-

Old 09-21-2001 | 12:19 AM
D@mn Don you hit that one square on, why is it that so many times a board member asks a question they get hammered by the search police? If more members were to take notice they would see that many questions are coming from new members who maybe are looking for some interaction or a different point of view from what they may have found in a search..What a great welcome to our community " congrats on your new L now heres how to use the search feature" Maybe when I move into my new house the neighbor will come by, welcome me, and tell me where I can go buy a welcome basket...

Paul

Old 09-21-2001 | 01:50 AM
Lightbulb

Don,

I agree with you. The same thing has been said by others in the past few months but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

It makes me wonder if some people are wearing their helmets when they post making that head even thicker.

In the old days (not so long ago) we could post our different opinions nicely and out of it would come some good info and ideas. Now I usually stay out of topics like that because of all the BS not to mention that they go downhill faster than an L at WOT.

I noticed that Mike Troyer never responsed back to all the people that said Hi in the thread he started. He probably was just shaking his head and wanted to stayed out of the fray like the rest of us.

Old 09-21-2001 | 01:57 AM
It seems like as the Lightning community grew in turn causing the board to grow a lot of people who didn't understand what this started out to be started posting. It's only normal to expect a higher volume of issues with the higher volume of posts but it seems like all the new guys have run off a lot of the old guys About 50% of what I post on this board directly relates to my Lightning techinically. Everything else is just chit chat back and forth and that used to be ok. For the most part, with the exception of the trolls, we all have a common ground. Maybe (myself included) we could focus on that to keep us together rather than tear us apart. I know there is one member on this board who I can almost guarantee trolls around waiting for me to post so he can post a smart *** comment just to irritate me. Literally 50% of his posts are aimed at pissing me off. I try not to let it bother me but sometimes it can't be helped. I don't know. I could leave again. But the thing is, I miss you guys who I've raced with and hung out with and become pals with when I'm gone.
CA

Old 09-21-2001 | 02:24 AM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
this be why we need SUBFORUMS!!!

Separate the tech from the BS!

UNITE!

BfB

Quick Reply: Bad behavior