Lightning

bought L one month ago.. kinda upset

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bought L one month ago.. kinda upset

ok, so today ford announces its 0% plan...
yes, the cobra's and L's qualify for this. I called ford motor credit.

obviously im not too happy about this.. I bought mine about a month ago and although i got a good rate, it doesnt compare to this...

anyone else in the same boat??

fyi: the plan is 0% over 36 mo, 1.9 over 48 and 2.9 over 60.

Old 09-21-2001, 06:58 PM
I agree, we got screwed, I purchased mine a whopping 3 months ago at like 6.75 or 7.65 or something like that for 60months, if i'm not mistaken that is like $5000 dollars in interest if I were to take the full 60months to pay it off. what a crock. Oh well, I guess it was done for the good of the economy (also as a marketing ploy by GM) and as a way to stay competitive for Ford. What can you do?

later,
chris

Old 09-21-2001, 07:00 PM
Man, I wish!!! I got the shaft from Ford. I had to refinance!!

I was smoking some good stuff when I signed those papers. I originally had a 12.9% APR , but I refinanced for 8.5%APR.

I wish I could get 2.9%, that would be sweet!!!!

Old 09-21-2001, 07:04 PM
FoMoCredit says they can't do it directly.. has to be thru a dealer..

sales guy says they cant refi since the car is considered used since its been contracted...

im going to call the finance guy directly..

Old 09-21-2001, 07:16 PM
DB
Always seems to work that way doesn't it...

In light of recent interest rate drops you should be able to shop around and find a better deal and refinance.

Old 09-21-2001, 07:27 PM
just like buying a computer. dont look back and be happy at what you got.

Old 09-21-2001, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just lost over 6000 Americans and you're worried about your high interest rate. Unbelieveable. Well guess what pal, you arent alone.

Old 09-22-2001, 01:49 AM
Yes that is deeply saddening. We all are grieving over it.

BUT

manufacturers tend to offer these kinds of rates near year end, but exclude SVT vehicles (as they did with the 0.9% rate that was promoted when I bought my L).

Old 09-22-2001, 09:17 AM
Talking

What Matt90GT said!!!!

Old 09-22-2001, 09:58 AM
part of retail

i totally agree that this sucks for you guys....i would be pissed too. I bought mine used at 7.9% so i'm no stranger to rediculous rates. But you have to realize retail ,here is the facts:
It is getting close to the end of the year....so they need to move product #1
Most of these dealers have free periods to have these on the lot, then they have to start paying interest....some of these interest rates are high enough to cut the dealers profit to such they loose money on selling the truck and hope they make it up by the customer bringing the vehicle back for service.

I deal with power equipment...works the same way....i'm selling stuff right now for what it cost me so i can get rid of it, some of it i've already paid interest on and i'm loosing money.

Old 09-22-2001, 10:17 AM
Finance rates way below market rate are no different than any other discount or rebate a company gives you. If you look at most deals Ford offers where you get a rebate or a low rate.....the savings pretty much even out (compared to the going rate) on a medium term loan. If you finance a long time.....you are better off taking the low rate. If you are going 24 months or paying cash clearly the rebate is the choice.

None of that really has anything to do with what I'm about to say. We all cut our own deal!!!!!!!!! We can't get caught up in what deal somebody else got. Ford can't be expected to go back and revise every past deal every time they give somebody a better deal. Would it be OK with you if they came to you 2 years into your loan and said Hey' we're raising the rates to match those we are giving today"....or if they came knocking onyour door wanting your rebate back because now that it is 3 months after you bought...they aren't offering them anymore.

And Matt, I am so sick of that argument. No kidding this is not as important as the terrorism. So why aren't you logged onto CNN.com 24 hours a day? We don't ever go through life always doing or saying the most all-important earth-shattering act possible. we all have to move forward.

Old 09-22-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
We just lost over 6000 Americans and you're worried about your high interest rate. Unbelieveable. Well guess what pal, you arent alone.
Please excuse me if this seems out of line, but I think that EVERYONE is QUITE aware that America has suffered a major loss. I think everyone is saddened and in some way affected by the events of September 11th. This is the world that we live in.

However, I am tired of being reminded about it everytime there is a post on this board. This is a message board about trucks. Everytime someone says something on here now they are told that it was a stupid and insignificant post because of the recent tragedy.

Maybe we should just close the sight down (and the whole frigging internet for that matter) because it is all unimportant now?

Like our leaders have said, we need to mourn but we also need to try to continue onward with our daily lives.

later,
chris

Last edited by superfords; 09-23-2001 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by superfords
Like our leaders have said, we need mourn but we also need to try to continue onward with our daily lives.
later,
chris
What? Did you mean to write "we need TO mourn"?

Old 09-22-2001, 01:17 PM

What Houndog said!

Old 09-22-2001, 07:10 PM
Anyone know how long this will go through?
Also, this should be independent of using an X-Plan, correct??

Thanks!

Quick Reply: bought L one month ago.. kinda upset