Lightning

Who all switched from a Sportscar to an L?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6spdws6,

I see you are graduating college soon and live in Oviedo. Do you go to UCF? I graduated in '94 from the Civil Engineering school and live just up the road in Winter Springs.

Oh yeah, traded a '94 Mustang GT for my "regular" F-150 back in '98. I loved the 'Stang but needed something to haul stuff around with. I would love a Lightning but I need more room for kids. My next truck will be an '03 or '04 SuperCrew.

GO KNIGHTS!!!!

Old 09-22-2001, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueFlareside,

Why yes I do go to UCF. I will graduate in May with an Electrical Engineering Technology degree. I will be VERY glad to be done!! This semester is killing me. The wait will do me good on deciding on what to get. This is a very hard decision because I am a Sports Car kind of person. AND, I have never seen a car like mine around here. So, I have some exclusivity. (except it is just an F-Body). But it is fast and the 6spd is fun, oh and I do like the T-Tops. But it would be sooooooo nice to be able to hull stuf home from Lowes or from Lucas Nursery (if you know what that is). My wife LOVES that place! I get boored very quickly there, I am not into plants and trees.
I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Old 09-22-2001, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6spdws6,

Is that a building at UCF that your car is parked in front of in the pic in your sig? I know what you mean about Lowe's and Lucas Nursery. We just did a bunch of landscaping and I made a few trips to both places. I know I would not have been able to fit it in my old 'Stang.

By the way, how does an EE Tech degree differ from a regular EE degree?

Make sure you tune in at 3:00 to Sunshine. UCF plays Tulane.

Old 09-22-2001, 05:56 PM
My last car was a 01 Acura CL Type-S. I sure am glad I took the Lightning for a test drive.

Old 09-23-2001, 12:46 PM
Me too...

I traded in a 95 Cobra coupe for my 2000 Lightning. It's over a full second faster, has a lot more head and leg room (at 6'7 I'm very concerned about that stuff!). Plus I don't see myself coming and going 50 times a day. I also live in the Central Florida area and go to school at UCF. We drive my wife's 95 Cobra Convertible to class though since it has the sticker. I am out at Orlando Speedworld every other Friday. We are thinking about going out this Friday. Maybe we'll see you guys there!

Old 09-23-2001, 01:43 PM
BlueFlareside,

Refering to the building behind my car, no it is not at UCF. Actually it is in Research Park. The sign before the entry way to the parking lot says Private. But it was on a Sunday and nobody was there. Except for the security guy who came out just as I was leaving.

EET is different than EE in that it is more hands on and less theory.

2000Black,

I think I have seen y ou at OSW. Or, at least I have seen a black L. there before. Probably end of May was last time I was there.
It is wild that with a chip and filter you are faster than me!
Wow, I would love to race you though.

Old 09-24-2001, 11:07 AM
I didn't.

I still have my '96 Cobra. In fact, buying the '01 L caused me to have a 10lb Vortech with aftercooler installed on the Cobra.

I just couldn't drive around in a normally aspirated car anymore...

NakMan

1996 Cobra Coupe, #7312/7496 black/black
- Vortech SQ S-trim w/Powercooler
- MSD DIS4
- Steeda aluminum radiator
- KB Trackit Plus, Super Subs
- MM caster/camber plates
- FRPP 4.10 gears, Al driveshaft, C springs, FR500 steering wheel
- B&M Ripper
- Tokico Illumina shocks/struts
- 17x9.5/11 Forgeline RS wheels
- Michelin Pilot SX 265/40VR17, 285/40VR17

2001 Lightning, #???/???, red
- JDM single street chip, oil breather, filter kit

Quick Reply: Who all switched from a Sportscar to an L?