Lightning

Need alignment help quickly.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001 | 04:22 PM
|
Stan - first off that panhard bar looks great, hopefully I can get it installed this weekend. And how much fun did you have on your racing trip?

next 2 questions about the info you just gave:

Loosn up the one side of the u bolts that hold the rear axle located to the spring
Do you mean either the right or left spring? or one of the U bolts on either side?

hit it forward and back ward a few times then hit it forward and tighten the u blots
Do you mean hit the whole axle? or just the part that was loosened?

peter

Last edited by captainoblivious; 09-27-2001 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2001 | 05:59 PM
Talking

Really enjoyed myself as did my nav.In the SilverState we had one real bad accident of 2 of my good freinds they blew a tire at around 190 and rolled had to be med flited to LV both were in respetor[sp] distress one is out of intensive care and the other one will be in there for about 2 more weeks.
As for the hitting of the axle loose the tie bolt[u bolts] on one side of the axle where the spring mounts to the axle then snug them up and hit that side of the axle tube forward and backward a few times then hit it to the rear again and tighten them up
Then tape measure the distance from the rim to rim front to rear on both sides and do whole thing again if not closer.The centering bolts have a little slop in them for ease of install,but not any good for excellent handling.
by the way I was the sencond fastest truck there and I Am the FASTEST in the other group I run.I am TRYING to get help from the vendors and others to get to am average speed of 165 then I WILL be the FASTEST Period.Stan
I know I was clocked at well over 160 for atleast 20 miles so I know the truck can do it.

Old 09-27-2001 | 11:41 PM
|
Stan - congrats on the placement and speeds, I hope your friends are okay, thanks for the advice

Old 09-29-2001 | 01:22 AM
|
Bruce - did you ever get my email?

Quick Reply: Need alignment help quickly.