Lightning

Attention Doug

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention Doug

Scoriox,

Please do not be offended, but I have removed the link to SVTPerformance.com that you posted here because I honestly believe that you may be jumping the gun and also because it contains misinformation about Doug and misleading statements about F150online's stance on JDM.

Additionally, while it is clear that there has been hostility between Doug, JJ and myself for his repeated violations of our rules, that does not mean Doug would do what you are accusing him of.

My response below and the email I sent to you should reflect my thoughts on this. Doug has worked his butt off on this site for no money and very little reward from his peers.

To clear up something in your post on "SVT", Doug does not own F150online, nor is he financially compensated by F150online in any way. He is an unpaid volunteer moderator.

I don't want to see what may be false accusations from misinterpretation of evidence (IMHO) lead to the condemnation of an innocent man. In this society, a person is still innocent until proven guilty, let's not forget that.

With the speed at which information and misinformaiton moves across the Internet, let's be sure that know for certain what the truth is.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. - This message has been edited several times so I could get my thoughts across correctly.

Last edited by webmaster; 09-23-2001 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt, Sal here. I'm not trying to start anything here, but I am curious about something. I was under the impression that that IP identification number changes everytime an AOL user logs on. That is why AOL users can't be banned from these boards, because there is no one specific IP address for any given AOL use. I chat on IRC, and when I used to use AOL as my IP, the IP address was different every time. I KNOW that I don't know anywhere near as much as you about this kind of stuff, but that's what I was always told and just wanted to mention it in case it might be helpful to see if this might be a mistake.

Old 09-23-2001, 08:10 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoriox,

These are very strong accusations, Scoriox. As I honestly believe that Doug has far more integrity and intelligence to ever do something like this, I decided to test your hacking theory by trying to log into JJ's account using all three passwords that we have on record for him (at least the accounts that I have caught and banned) and none of those passwords work successfully with his account at "SVT."

I know that Doug has been working his *ss off with the Nimda virus at work for the past few days, so is it possible that someone may have just spoofed his IP address or perhaps an error occured in vBulletin? (we both use this software and know that MySQL can be flaky sometimes)

If you would like to continue this thread offline, please drop me a note at webmaster@f150online.com and we can try to figure out what has happened (since you mention F150online over and over again, I feel I must defend the site).

Steve

Last edited by webmaster; 09-23-2001 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Attention Doug