Lightning

Paging Spiro

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paging Spiro

Can you give me some of the specifics on the nitrous you ran,and the kit you have for sale.What activates the shot to the engine,is it done by a manual method or is it by an rpm range.I'm not farmiliar with the juice but am interested.I want to know how it works before I blow old silver across the strip.I figure you have the knowledge to get me through this one..
Thanks
Jerry

Old 09-23-2001, 11:36 PM
Jerry,
the nitrous kit I had on my L was a NX wet kit. At first I did have it activated by a momentary switch in high gear. And as I became more confident with it, I started to use it earlier. I finally became more comfortable using the WOT micro-switch on a custom bracket that was activated when the throttle was about 80% de-pressed.
The best thing to do is start off small. Even I started with the 50 shot jets and worked my way up from there. The main thing is to know your A/F ratio. And with the added benefit of running a fogger, you can control the size of the fuel pill to "lean" her out a little if need be
And of course a purge and heater are highly recommended with any Nitrous kit. Hope this helps.

Old 09-24-2001, 12:03 AM
Thumbs up

Spiro
Thanks that gives me a bit of confidence,is the kit still available?

Old 09-24-2001, 01:58 AM
Talking

Jerry,

Baby Jake and my services are still available as broom pushers, to clean the track after each of your runs

Go for it

...Dwight...

Old 09-24-2001, 01:32 PM
Jerry,
I sold part of the kit, and retained a few pieces that I plan on using in the Mustang. If your looking for a good deal on a kit, try www.nitrouswarehouse.com

Quick Reply: Paging Spiro