Lightning

Lightning Front End Cover "bra"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001 | 07:34 PM
|
Lightning Front End Cover "bra"

Need some help, i ordered a front end cover from svt, thru a ford dealer around three months ago, and had not been able to get it, does anyone knows where i could buy one for the lightning?????

Old 09-24-2001 | 07:46 PM
Re: Lightning Front End Cover "bra"

Got mine from Downs Ford. took 4 to 6 weeks for them to get them I believe they have to be special ordered. Price at Downs is the same as the ford cat.

00 Black
JDM Chip
JDM 90mm
JDM Oil Breather
JL Filter

Old 09-24-2001 | 08:49 PM
Lightning Bra

I got mine from Ford Collection. Part number: S10159. Took about 3 weeks and it fits great. They're at: 1-800/444-4503 24hr's

Gary
White 2001 L.

Old 09-25-2001 | 04:46 AM
I also ordered mine thru www.icollection.com and if memory serves me right 3/4 weeks to recieve order. Price around $125.00 and the fit is good. Best part was that it took 6 months to see the charge on my CC. Will post picture after I get home from work today as now I am a picture posting mf

Old 09-26-2001 | 01:13 AM
I just ordered mine today, $89 bucks plus 10% markup plus 4.5% VA sales tax ($102?), special price yes, special delivery no, these things are drop shipped from the manufacturer (apparently made to order?), 4-6 weeks delivery.

later,
chris

Old 09-26-2001 | 01:31 AM
Superfords is right. I ordered mine six weeks ago, called the other day and was told the order is being "processed". OH-OH!

Mark

Old 09-26-2001 | 06:39 AM
|
Front end cover.....

Thanks for the info guy's, i originally order mine from Downs Ford and just cancelled the order yesterday after close to 3 months waiting, besides the non helpfull attitude from the people @ the motorsport dpt. @ Downs they suck...... "just keep waiting" was what i was told everytime, just ordered now from "collection catalog" hopefully il get it before snow hits Chicago......

Old 09-26-2001 | 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Yes, we found some info on that, the cover that SVT is selling is made by Covercraft, under a markeing agreement with HALO Branded Products. Regardless of where the order originates, that cover, which is Covercraft Part# ME 42035, the way my source explained it to me, will only be shipped by Covercraft upon receipt of an order from HALO to Covercraft. That's the jist of how it was explained to me.

And, like everyone else, at first, before I got the scoop, I was running into the same 4-6 week timetable that everyone will probably have to deal with, because of the marketing agreement.

We first saw the Lightning-specific bra when we got our SVT literature, about 4 weeks after delivery. However, I was able to pull a string or two and had it sent out immediately, so no waiting.

Have not installed it yet as it just arrived today & the truck isn't clean & the weather isn't the best, but so far, I noticed the documentation is very brief & not well explained. However, if you've installed bras before, it shouldn't take a degree in rocket science to figure out.

I'm not sure if I like that big red "SVT" on the hood piece.

I know I'll end up going with the "clear bra", once we replace part of the front & repaint to our satisfaction, fixing a few factory boo-boos, but for now, the SVT bra will probably be just fine, we'll see how the installation goes. I normally don't care for these traditional bras, as they almost always cause more damage & aggravation than they prevent. I'm hoping this Covercraft/SVT bra will be a nice-fitting piece that functions well enough. It sure took some research to find it's real origins & be able to get it right away, phew!

If anyone has installed theirs already, let us know how you like it, any tips, etc. & good luck!

Old 09-26-2001 | 08:28 PM
I don't know how everybody else plans to use their SVT-bras, but I personally think that this particular part is just plain butt-*** ugly! However within the first week that I had my truck the All-Ford Nationals came up at Carlisle, PA. I drove there from VA and recieved my first TWO rock chips on the trip up. So I ordered the bra for the sole purpose of protecting the front of the truck when I take occasional highway trips. I don't plan on using it during my normal daily driving. I'm also afraid that it'll cause uneven paint fading and maybe scratches/scuff marks on the paint like I have seen on other vehicles that have used bra's permanently. But I think for highway trips this should be the best route.

later,
chris

Old 09-26-2001 | 09:50 PM
Chris, You are right on about everthing you said about the bra. It's ulgy, BUT it does provide protection from rocks, sand and road debris. I drive the NJ pike which is full of 18 wheelers every morning and the chit on the highway is unbelieveable. So I will take my chances with the paint and run my bra ( but no panties)!!! I promise to post a pic of the svt front bra to show how it fits this week!! Been a long day with longer days coming :-)

Old 09-27-2001 | 02:49 AM
Any photos?

Last edited by trabuco; 09-27-2001 at 03:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Lightning Front End Cover "bra"