Lightning

Truck Wont Shift Now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Truck Wont Shift Now!!!

Alright i've just about had it with this! My truck when I go to drive starts up fine. Everything works fine. Once you drive it it wont shift gears until you let up on the throttle and not just when your foot leaves the throttle either. I would say about 15 second pause in between the throttle lifting up and the truck shifting. It is through every shift point on the powerband. When I go to WOT it throws the RPMs deep into the 6's and wont let up at all. HORRIBLE! I took out my chip thinking that was it. NOPE! I let the truck sit for about 25 min without the chip in it with the battery out. What happens SAME EXACT CRAP that happened when the chip was in. I have the JL Lower Pulley Installed as well as the ram air kit right now. The Diablochip has been uninstalled and is awaiting pickup from the postman to send back to JL. I just want to know if anyone has had this happen before? What do you think is busted? What caused this to happen? What can I do to fix it?

HELP!
-Sam

Old 09-27-2001, 12:09 AM
ouch

Well, maybe you aren't going out to the speedway next weekend I don't really have any idea about this one, but on one of your other threads, 11SECL posted this info:
If it is not your chip, it is your pcm. Did you disconnect the battery every time you pulled and installed the chip? What did you use to clean the connectors? When you pull the chip, if you see some weird crap like a check engine light, your over drive is constantly off or/and it is not shifting until it hits very high rpms (will be a very slow and violent shift), it is your pcm. If it is your pcm, am hoping your beast is still under warranty. I believe a new pcm is about $400.00
Hope thats not it!

Old 09-27-2001, 08:27 AM
Rest In Peace
2001SlvrBullet
Check the PCM and see if you bent any of the pins where you attach the harness with the 11mm bolt thats behind the battery. That could have something to do with it.
Vin

Old 09-27-2001, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the ID code on the side of the tranny. Is this a J1 or a 5X. IF it's a J1 it sounds like the mecahnical diode might have let loose. If it's not a J1, I'd have to go with the PCM is damaged.

Hope this helps,

G

Quick Reply: Truck Wont Shift Now!!!