Lightning

Nmra Bowling Green........

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEY! I take offense to not being able to run consistent low 12's. I ran a 12.195, a 12.198, and then a 12.224 after breaking traction and feathering the truck. All without juice, and on 26" dia MT ET Streets while at FFW in Ennis. The truck was on a bit of a diet, only weighed in at 4505 for all three runs. All I need to do now is loose 10 lbs to break the 4500lb wall.

Old 10-10-2001, 11:28 PM
everyboby is so concerned I was using NITROUS at Bowling Green. Yes I was ... Whats the matter with using that or having pullies, throttle bodies,torque converters or what else everyone is buying from everyones hero JOHNNY LIGHTNING..who can not back up his runs..and his 12.11 pass was early morning ..A time no where near his dial in..and saying hes making so much power he can't hook up ..I'm making more power then him and had no excuses for finishing in THIRD place !!!!!

Old 10-11-2001, 12:10 AM
Old 10-11-2001, 12:29 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Angry bad move chief

Back it up? He's been doing that ALL SEASON and at SEVERAL different facilities. Oh yeah, he DROVE his truck to EVERY one also.

You don't like him, your option. What has he done to you? From the minimal info posted here, you opted to be a loner in BG anyway. What a wonderful way to win friends and influence people.

Futile attempts to flame Johnny only illustrates you are either immature, jealous, ignorant, or a combination of each.

JL is one of the NICEST and HELPFUL guys there is, whether you run his parts or not.

Word to the wise, flaming a Supporting Vendor is HIGHLY discouraged and brings the Webmaster and/or Moderator Doug into the fray.

Grow up and quit huffing your NAWSE.

Old 10-11-2001, 12:35 AM
I have nothing against other lightning owners or who they pick to get their performance from... Let it be Sal, JL, or JDM...but everybody gets in a up roar when someone states their opinion were all trying to get the most out of our trucks no matter what we decide to use ...Let it me bolt ons which NITROUS is a bolt on...

Old 10-11-2001, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What everyone needs to do, is all enter into a room, pop a squat on a bean bag chair, and open a few nitrous bottles for a while aahhhhhhhhhh....

Old 10-11-2001, 02:27 AM
I think you...........Mr superchips should leave Johnny alone...........he is an upstanding guy who will only tell you the truth.......whether it hurts your feelings or not.......i guess thats what makes you mad other than the fact he is faster than you and not using NOS............................everyone has their right to choose what they wanna run............and noone has the right to talk down to them for doing that.............i guess that makes you immature..............grow up!!......oh btw.......if you think im one of Johnnys Little Followers........just check my sig...............

Old 10-11-2001, 03:07 AM
Wow do I detect some jealousy there? Of all the people to flame it makes TOTAL sense that you pick the one out of the whole bunch who will bend over backwards to do anything he can to help you even if you aren't running his stuff...what a jerk.
CA

Old 10-11-2001, 07:11 AM
superchiptruck,

Dont worry blue,boozy, or what ever else your name is this week. You'll be ok, just keep focused on your goals, and a clean soul, and you too will able to turn that frown upside down.

Old 10-11-2001, 07:20 AM
hey johnny your a super hero

johnny bravo (AS IN BRAVO JOHNNY)

actually superchips is patrick cathan
and boozey is brandon legath

Last edited by RDY2RAC; 10-11-2001 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:12 AM
I wasn't at BG nor at any other event that Johnny has attended, except the Cecil event.

Johnny showed excellent sportsmanship towards us JDM guys and even helped me and Jim find our sweet spot with FREE consultation and supporting us as LIGHTNING owners and didn't single us out because we went with someone elses parts.

I know I have been known in the past for quick comments that get me in some hot water with all my FRIENDS in the L community, but I have CHANGED. I would hope that all would follow in my footsteps and make this time we have exceptional.

I know there will always be people who have to cause unrest in our community and we have to deal with them accordingly(Good Job Spiro).

For the record, I WILL not put up with the bashing either. We have to stick and RACE together.

On the internet, we all have a sense of being king of our own words, and then when we are face to face, its a different story. Word to the wise: Act on here as you would in person.

My .02

Old 10-11-2001, 08:27 AM
Superchiptruck...............

JL's reputation as a dealer and decent person, who genuinely cares about his customers, are legendary in the Gen II Lightning community.

Yes, you too, have a fast L. I don't think anyone disputes that. However, your petty remarks are quite less than becoming, and I for one, am ashamed for you.

Sal.....LOL...way too funny !

Frank

Old 10-11-2001, 08:42 AM
superchiptruck,

You have slight case of boost envy. If you want to use N02, more power to you. No pun intended. But don't bust on those who choose not too and still run better times than you. Get a life pal.

By the way, your remarks are uncalled for! You are not dealing with someone just trying to have the fastest toy. JL, Sal, etc. are running a business, not playing games like you are with your toy truck. If you truly have a concern with their business practice, I suggest you call them. Otherwise, keep your comments to yourself!!!

Old 10-11-2001, 09:17 AM
One difference between the Internet and the track is it is easy to hide behind multiple handles on the internet and easy to try to be someone else.

We have recently had issues with one or 2 individuals who have admitted being childish enough to register again after being banned twice. This activity has made me a little paranoid.

I find it interesting that we have new members who have tight ties with banned members and appear to know more about the members here than thier couple posts would indicate.

We also seem to have a couple members who have become very frequent posters with the majority of their input designed to promote one tuner and put down any other. It almost appears they are being paid to participate.

Anyone who met me at FFW this weekend knows I have no problems with anyone at the track. The only difference between the way I act at the track and here is that I take the act of being a moderator more seriously than I take the track. It is truely unfortunate that we cant all act here online that same way we act at the track...

Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-12-2001 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:20 AM
Amen to that!!!

I had to learn the hard way

Quick Reply: Nmra Bowling Green........