Lightning

FFW Ennis, TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2001 | 10:21 PM
|
Thumbs up FFW Ennis, TX

I took some pics while out at the Texas Motorplex today for FFW... Lightning's absolutely everywhere. I stopped counting at 40...

There are a few shots of the main congregation of Lightnings in the pits, with JDM et al. working like madmen swapping pullies all day for a whack of trucks.

Also, there's a shot of the legendary GO_RILA as well... What's remarkable is that Sixpipes, being the legend that he is in these parts appears to actually of taken the time to perfectly center the "Bud" sign in his rear sliding window. Declining an interview, Sixpipes was overheard mumbling something about dishwasher soap as he wandered away...

See the pics at:

http://www.ccolon.com/ffw01

Be patient, there's like 19 pics on the page.

Old 10-06-2001 | 10:32 PM
Logan looks like a awesome time.
How was the weather, and how did everyone run?
Thanks
Don

Old 10-07-2001 | 12:38 AM
Angry

1BADTK posted on our board that Jim ran a 11.98 on his first pass, was disqualified and blew his engine on his second run throwing a rod through the side. 1BADTK ran a 12.19 on motor only. Weather was cool. Many were getting new best times. WYLDMAN had a new best on juice of 12.17 on 125 shot.
noelvm

Last edited by noelvm; 10-07-2001 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-07-2001 | 01:53 AM
Sounds like Andre and Chuck were running good. Nice times Congrats to both of you.

Old 10-07-2001 | 09:38 AM
|
We had the benefit of a low pressure front moving through on Saturday. Weather was in the low 60's with low humidity. Only problem was a slight crosswind at the track. Didn't seem to really beat anyone down though.

Old 10-07-2001 | 10:18 AM
which Jim blew his motor?

Old 10-07-2001 | 10:24 AM
Don,
Andre didn't say but we have no trucks that could make a 11.98 first pass so I am surmising its JDM. Maybe its an omen that he souldn't leave Texas. We have engines in stock here in Houston so maybe we will get to see him down here again.
noelvm

Jim come back, father has things for you to do, mother wants you.
JIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Old 10-07-2001 | 11:32 AM
Hmmmmmmm....Jim throws a rod thru the block, Noel doesn't want Jim to leave Texas. Noel can you account for EVERY minute of your time? Better send the police to check this out. And NO, I don't mean the Search Police

Old 10-07-2001 | 11:32 AM
Originally posted by noelvm
Don,
Andre didn't say but we have no trucks that could make a 11.98 first pass so I am surmising its JDM.
I just heard from a very reliable sourse, that it was Jim@JDM. As we all know there are allways risks when we race.

Old 10-07-2001 | 12:06 PM
Talking

Tuners are like test pilots. They push the envelope. In doing so they break things. Never break anythng and you are too conservative!

Hey Jim, if you need any assistance call us here in Houston. We'll come get you if need be.
noelvm

Old 10-07-2001 | 03:54 PM
Man, I see how rumors get started now!!
We were with JDM all day and he DID NOT break anything!
He ran an 11.96!! I dont think they would let him back on the track though because of no roll cage. After the 11.96 run the SVT guys were all over the place talking to him.
We had alot of fun, even had the lower pulley installed. WOW! This thing is flyin'!!
Just had to put the rumor to rest of JDM tearing anything up.

Old 10-07-2001 | 04:12 PM
Lightbulb

Skank Dog, I was called from the track at FFW on late Saturday afternoon by two of my customers who said the same thing. Jim ran an 11.98 and they told him he was disqualifed because no matter what he ran after that, his fastest dial would have still been in the 11s. I was told Jim made another run after that, they did not catch him (I'm sure his truck doesn't look much different than all the other black Lightnings there) and on that next pass he blew the motor at about the 1000ft mark.

By the way, I think it's total bull crap that Jim was disqualified for his 11 second pass. He should have got the warning as he did, they should have just not counted that pass for his qualifing, and he should have been allowed to slow the truck down for his next qualifing pass to race. Disqualifing him for the one 11 second pass is BS.

Old 10-07-2001 | 04:39 PM
SAL- Well, let me apologize. I left the track @ 6:00 yesterday evening and at that time everything was fine. He very well could have made a run after I left...my bad! I was under the impression though,that they wouldnt let him back on the track. Man, that would really suck!
Maybe now we know the limitations on these motors!
Sorry for the confusion. Any idea what time he made that run? If it was after 6:00, its probably true.

Old 10-07-2001 | 08:10 PM
Logan- Nice pics! You even got one of me! The eighth one down on the left, thats me(in the white shirt) and "need4speed" in the background. He is standing beside his black L that had just had lots of goodies done to it and they had just started installing the lower on mine! "Need4speed" left right after that pic was taken, driving back to Kansas!! Also"Highlander" drove all the way from New Mexico to Ennis!!! You guys are hard core L owners! LOL! Hope ya'll made it home ok.

Old 10-07-2001 | 09:07 PM
I don't know whether I'm more sunburned or windburned! There were some awesome runs in top truck. Also, I saw a silver L bust his ujoints out on the starting line this afternoon.

Quick Reply: FFW Ennis, TX