Lightning

New Blower Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 10:18 AM
DL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To dave@jdm:

I did not say the price was $650.00, I was posting what I read, from a post I read, in the attached thread...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...=throttle+body

I am glad to hear that the information that someone else posted was not true..

Thanks for clearing this up...

DL

edited to update link...

Last edited by DL; 10-10-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:31 AM
DL
Red face

Hey BABolt:

My information seems to be incorrect that the price of the T/B's are now $650.00, as per JDM...But I got the info from someone who said they contacted Superchips and the price had went up to $650.00..See a couple threads back link...

I read it in a post and nobody questioned it...So...

You make some quality stuff and I hope you can keep the cost as low as possible for your stuff...

I still think it was a bad move for you to not sell to all the tuners, but that is my own opinion...

I own your polished T/B and love it...

Poilished price was $575.00??
Non-Polished was $475.00???

DL

Last edited by DL; 10-10-2001 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BA Bolt TBs

You guys may both be right. Usually the billiet non-polished version is about $550 and the polished version is about $650.

As for the new blower package, yes, it's not for everyone. But I know there are plenty of people here that want to go as fast as possible and they don't care about money. Those are most likely the people who will buy them. This is a serious upgrade, and it costs serious money. I'm sure people will be amazed at the power when we get to test one on our truck. I've already gotten 6 e-mails from people interested in pre-ordering, so it's good to see that the intrest is already there.

Old 10-10-2001, 10:44 AM
DL
Thumbs up

Hey Sal,

I may have to have that new blower myself...

Thanks for keeping us all up to date as you find out...

DL

Old 10-10-2001, 10:56 AM
Rest In Peace
Talking

Sal
So im guessing you are working on the lower pulley already or will your current lower pulley work with this new setup? Will our engine be able to handle this new blower if we decide to put a lower pulley on it? Just wanna see if we wont need any engine modifications with this new kit. Im saving now and cracking open my piggy bank and looking through the trucks seat cusions for any change hehe. How does it go all i want for Christmas is me new bigger blower hehe.
Vin

Old 10-10-2001, 11:24 AM
Smile

PLease lets have the correct information on the Billet throttle bodies. I have not provided any throttle bodies to any vendor in the last two weeks. Yes there was an agreement in terms that JDM wanted to be the sole supplier of the throttle bodies but what will bond this agrement is the purchase of the bodies and that has not happened. I do not want to see these bodies overpriced and that was never my intent. I would be willing to offer the bodies at the F150 Online Store and Steve or Roger could see a profit and not even have to hold supplies. Just so that everyone understands I sold the throttle bodies to three suppliers at a cost XXXXXXXXXX. I gave them a handsome profit and all they had to do was reship to their customers. I received nothing in return as to special deals or reduced rates on their products. Also in regards to the new supercharger that Chris will be offering we spoke about the throttle body and it will not be a high priced item. I believe that if you were to check with Lightning owners that have purchased the billet throttle body and also visit this board you will see that they were able to purchase the TB at a very good price. Thank you.

BAbolt - I edited out your price info - Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-12-2001 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:50 AM
3 choices of blower upgrades

Everyone,

For what I know, here are the 3 choices currently on the table for blower upgrades:

1) KB replacement for Eaton

2) PSP Modified/higher capacity 112

3) JDM Eaton 166

I have no extensive knowledge of any one of these, but I have seen posts regarding all 3 possible upgrades.

I hope that as the units make their way onto test vehicles, the tester will provide some feedback to all of us.

I remember that the KB was supposedly around 1500$, but I'm sure that is subject to change at the blink of an eye.

I am not sure JDM has figured out any costing for his unit. All I know is that he is expecting them for X-Mas delivery. These are 166 units that are coming from someone other than Magnuson.

Supposedly all 3 are a bolt on affair, and utilize the factory IC.

Again, I have no affiliation with any specific vendor, this is just a summation of what I have read.......

later

Old 10-10-2001, 11:53 AM
DL
Hey Mike,

Thanks for explaining things in more detail...I think I paid a fair price for mine...I'm glad to hear you plan on keeping the prices down...

Thanks,
DL

Old 10-10-2001, 12:03 PM
Smile

One last item I will be testing the new supercharger combination for Chris too. The original plan was that I was to receive the first unit since I was in on the ground floor. What many people don't realize is that I do a lot of testing for different vendors. I provide hard data and also my opinions but I keep it private and only share it will the supplier since I do not plan to profit off of their hard work.

Old 10-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Lightbulb

I just want to make it clear that this new setup should not be labeled a "PSP" part. It's fine to say that it will be offered through PSP, but other than sharing some advice with the company making it and doing testing with it once we get the kit, we are not involved with the actual manufacturing. I am choosing to sell this product because of the high quality involved with it, as well and knowing the people behind the R&D, and knowing that the kit will be top notch. As many of you know, I refuse to sell junk, or parts that don't live up to thier claims.

BABolt, I just wanted to say that I knew of your relationship with Chris, and that you are getting one to test as well, and also that you will be providing the TBs for the kits. I just didn't mention that because I was not sure if you wanted that to be public knowledge or not.

Old 10-10-2001, 01:15 PM
Hey Sal,
Not a problem. I know that Chris needs to have good people on his team and it will be an excellent product when it becomes available. I was just glad to be a part of it in a very small way. In conversations with Chris I will redesign an oval throttle body that will be fitting the quality of this package. Thanks again Sal.

Old 10-10-2001, 02:53 PM
Mike - Do you take trade-ins on the new T/B? J/K of course. Pretty exciting stuff with three new possible blowers. Any news of aftermarket heads?

Sounds like it is time to start building a new short-block to handle all the new HP.

Old 10-10-2001, 08:48 PM
I just have to say that Anything BaBolt does is First Class. Also, he does not get involved in any of the War Talk and he is a real asset to the Lightning Owners.

Sal, this may be a stupid question, however, I don't understand the relationship between boost and what it does to the rods in these engines. Can you enlighten me? Is there a problem of evenly distributing the pressure???

Jim

Old 10-10-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by reality1
Sal, this may be a stupid question, however, I don't understand the relationship between boost and what it does to the rods in these engines. Can you enlighten me? Is there a problem of evenly distributing the pressure???

Jim
Your guess is as good as mine on that one Jim. I had nothing to do with that theory. The only way boost could cause a rod to break is just by making more power than the rod could take. This whole thing with the rods seemed to stem from Jim's engine failure at Ennis. Now everyone thinks thier rods are going to blow. Not for nothing, there are other things that cause rod failures besides power. Break one rod on a pass, and I'd blame it on power. Break several rods on a single pass, well, that's caused by something else. I don't know if I want to go into details on that one, it would probably start another war.

Old 10-10-2001, 09:15 PM
Good choice of words Sal, we already have one war going on now!

Quick Reply: New Blower Coming Soon