Lightning

New Blower Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001 | 09:59 PM
BA, I just wanted to say that I was very disapointed when I read that you would only sell your TB's through one vendor. I have purchased some of your products and have seen for myself that you are a craftsman and an artist. Everything you do is FIRST CLASS. I never purchased the TB and I doubt I ever will because I just can't see the dollars per horse power (for yours or anyone else's). But I would hope I could purchase your fine quality products from the tuner of MY choice. It's your call and none of my business, I just thought I would let you know my feelings on the subject. Thank you for your products and the advice you have given me since 7-99 when I entered this wonderful world of the "L".

Old 10-10-2001 | 11:22 PM
DL
Red face

Hey Sal:

Never met you, but from what I have heard from a lot of L owners and tuner, You really know your stuff about our L's and engine's. I understand you don't want to start a war here, I don't either. I was just wondering about whether or not some porting and polishing was done to the internals of the blown engine, etc. that would have contributed to the engine letting loose...Maybe it let loose with just all bolt on Mod's???

I know JDM guys are going to rag me for what I just stated, But I would ask the same questions to you or another tuner if your engine had let loose...

Now everyone is worried about their rods and maybe there's a reason we shouldn't....

DL

Old 10-10-2001 | 11:30 PM
|
DL, I'm not 100% sure what your question is, but if your asking if Jims motor had port and polish work, I have no idea. If you're asking if porting and polishing the heads would add enough power to have to worry about breaking things, I'd say no. If niether of these were your questions, ask agian

Old 10-11-2001 | 12:05 AM
PFA
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
BA, I just wanted to say that I was very disapointed when I read that you would only sell your TB's through one vendor. I have purchased some of your products and have seen for myself that you are a craftsman and an artist. Everything you do is FIRST CLASS. I never purchased the TB and I doubt I ever will because I just can't see the dollars per horse power (for yours or anyone else's). But I would hope I could purchase your fine quality products from the tuner of MY choice. It's your call and none of my business, I just thought I would let you know my feelings on the subject. Thank you for your products and the advice you have given me since 7-99 when I entered this wonderful world of the "L".
Hey Jerry
I would be willing to bet that if you wanted something from BABolt, you could prob. contact him yourself and strike some kind of deal. It's worth a try.....

Old 10-11-2001 | 07:54 AM
DL
Question

Hey Sal,

I put the Etc. in there for other things done???? I don't know what's been done, that's why I was asking???

If it was stock with bolt ons??? What caused several rods to break??? I don't know, I guess we'll get a news release soon.

With JDM's track record on telling the truth, I just hope it is the straight scoop on what caused the blown engine...OK, I'm going to take the heat for this one, but it is true...Maybe, due to all the stuff about JDM on the boards lately, he may be trying to change his morals for the better, If so, I commend him for it......

thanks,

sorry, for the edits, darn I can't spell ...

Last edited by DL; 10-11-2001 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2001 | 08:20 AM
DL,

I am not gonna rag you, they are legit questions.

Jim did not port and polish the heads on the '01, and I agree with Sal 100% about what he said about that not making enough HP to blow the engine.

I think all of us "JDM" guys on here are coming away from certain events with better morals and way to deal with bashers. Its called "wait and see" !!!!!

Old 10-11-2001 | 08:55 AM
DL....

The weak "link" in these motors is their long stroke, combined with relatively weak rods, as far as racing standards are concerned. I believe that when you reach "x" horsepower at "y" RPM, under load, the stock rods will eventually fail. Now, the tricky part, is determining what your particular motor can withstand, without catastrophic failure. My guess is that, if you are approaching 450+ HP at the rear wheels,(and some are
) for whatever reason, (nitrous, add'l boost, cams, etc.) you are probably pushing the limits of stock rods. Just ole Franks .02 worth.

Old 10-11-2001 | 09:10 AM
DL,
All good questions to ask any tuner. The truth will only help THE WHOLE LIGHTNING COMMUNITY. Now ask yourself this...what would happen if Spiro99SVT asked the same ones. LOL...
"Let the bodies hit the floor"

Old 10-11-2001 | 10:05 AM
DL
Red face

Hey Spiro99SVT:

You can't ask these questions and Live, you would be tared and feathered by everyone...LOL

I may be in the same boat one day as you, But as my Father always told me: You'll never know, unless you ask...

later,
DL

Old 10-11-2001 | 10:48 AM
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAL YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

sign me up for one of the first ones brother, I WANT ONE!

And I just got my intercooler replaced two days ago, oh well.

Old 10-11-2001 | 10:52 AM
Sal have you worked on a rebuild kit for our motors yet. HEHEHE

But seriouslly I want to get my motor all rebuilt so I don't have to worry about it letting loose. I might just have to send my motor to you to have it rebuilt. How about that idea?

Old 10-11-2001 | 11:12 AM
I have two comments:

1) Are there "aftermarket rods" available for the trucks?

2) Anyone see the post on NLOC about an available TURBO kit replacement for out blower?

Daniel

Old 10-11-2001 | 11:22 AM
Yes. There are three different manufactures who make rods for the modular motor and they all depend on the size of your wallet. The Manley rods are the most affordable and have done very well in durability testing. The Carillo rod (Cobra R) is the most expensive and the Oliver falls somewhere in the middle. Yes saw the Turbo info. Without a good upper intake there would be poor low speed drivability. Somebody I know was going to put two on his motor. Custom intake involved.

Just a PS. Maybe somebody would be willing to show you their Manley rods and Diamond pistons for a 5.4.

Last edited by BABolt; 10-11-2001 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2001 | 01:12 PM
NOSTROMO
Did Somebody say TURBO? I would most definately be interested in that. Any more info on that setup?

Old 10-11-2001 | 03:13 PM
Originally posted by NOSTROMO
Did Somebody say TURBO? I would most definately be interested in that. Any more info on that setup?
Check out the NLOC board.

Later: George S. NLOC #542

Quick Reply: New Blower Coming Soon