Lightning

New Blower Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:19 PM
Easterisland

How do you know Sal hasn't thrown a rod either?
I heard from 2 good sources saying that Sal has slung a rod before. But then again I didn't ask him myself.
It doesn't make anyone a bad tuner slinging rods. The factory rods are not built consistantly the same quality and sometimes you get a good rod, and sometimes you don't.

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:22 PM
You know as read this thread, it is quickly turning into another my tuner against yours.

I thought we were done with this people!!!!!!

To those that don't run JDM products on their truck.........Good, Great, and Wonderful. Sarcastic or not.

The engine blew because of a chain reaction, one rod went and then the rest followed. The exact cause is still under investigation.

I thought that Cecil was kind of an eye opener for all of us. Well, it looks like we are back at the start!!!!!

I am not new and I am not so mentally out of it that I don't notice the inside remarks on particular people and their ways of doing things. I have noticed that all it takes is one CERTAIN situation to stir up a months worth of s$%t. As this thread is a great example of that.

I don't really know where to head in this thread because it has been covered a THOUSAND times before and I am sure this won't be the last.

Pete,
You made a lot of excellent posts, I comend you!!!!

Easter,

I am not even going to say anything!!!

DL,

I thought we were at an understanding at Cecil??? That this was done as far as tuner wars, I have done my part and came out with a lot more friends and a few less enemies.

needfourspeed,

I give you props also in your posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets draw the line RIGHT HERE!!!!

enough is enough, bashing is bashing wheather it be hidden or in the open.

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:39 PM
DL
Hey 2_FAST4U,

You are right, I don't want to start a tuner war again..We had a great time together at Cecil, all of us....If you check all my posts lately, I have tried to stay away from that...I may be coming to Englishtown with or maybe without my truck, I'm trying to make arrangements to come. Hey Kyle, I try to keep my posts from being personal, now I know how you felt a couple of months ago.

I don't appreciate NeedFourSpeed attacking me personally, that's all I'm going to say about that right now, we may meet face to face one day.....

Hey captainoblivious, well said..

Hey easterIsland, what's up with you??? easy

Hey J.D. Blackwell: If I would have heard about SAL braking something inside, I would have posted it, I'm not showing any favoritism to finding out if our motors have any weaknesses...

Sadly to say. it is looking like a another tuner war starting..

Hey Doug, time to close this one...

JDM customers, the good ones - peace
DL

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:52 PM
Enough has been said. DL, it is really not a personal attack; just seemed like alot of your posts take things a negative direction especially involving JDM or his customers. How did this thread end up where it is...pretty obvious isn't it.

Wouldn't mind meeting you and buying you a beer; after we race.

Last edited by NeedFourSpeed; 10-12-2001 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2001 | 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
easterisland
You can say that again.
Vin
okay...
If that is the case I would be very worried if I had any JDM stuff on my truck! Neither Sal or JL have blown up their trucks!

Old 10-12-2001 | 04:46 PM
DL
Hey NeedFourSpeed,

Let's get it on!!

An if you are insinuating I turned this thread into a negative one, you need to read this post from the beginning..

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:12 PM
So how about those bears!!!!!

There doing pretty good this year. YEAH BABY!

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:19 PM
Titans down three games.

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:35 PM
Cleveland Browns BABY, 3-1!!!!!

I know, they DID suck, so maybe now Art Modell will eat his words!!!!

DL,

I was trying to cut this off before someones feelings are hurt and more personal slashes are given. As you and I know, it doesn't take much on here to get the water boiling.

I won't be able to make the Fords@Englishtown due to work and NO vacation.

I will be up there on the 17th for a little tune session with Jim and some T&T action with Spiro, Vin, and Pete(captainoblivious).

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:45 PM
DL
Hey Kyle,

I understand .....I am trying to go to E-Town, but I don't know at the moment whether I'll be able too either, work stuff also..

Have fun on the 17th...Post us some of those high 11's in your truck, Well some low 12's. You and I are running some pretty good times, considering, we're running with full trim and then some...

Go Cheerleaders on all the NFL teams !!!!!

take care,
DL

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:51 PM
Please take any questions comments or worse about Jims engine here

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...0456#post50456

To me it makes sense to go to the source with questions.

Thanks
Doug

Old 10-13-2001 | 01:04 AM
easter -

Old 01-15-2004 | 02:41 AM
omg this post is ancient.

cent = better than roots

cent = less market than roots

JMO, if sal wanted to go as fast as possible, he would gut his truck and put some carbed big block in it or something. It's not just about whose fastest, it's about what is most appealing to buyers.

Old 01-15-2004 | 02:43 AM
Originally posted by grinomyte
omg this post is ancient.

cent = better than roots

cent = less market than roots

JMO, if sal wanted to go as fast as possible, he would gut his truck and put some carbed big block in it or something. It's not just about whose fastest, it's about what is most appealing to buyers.
So true......

But whats stopping us from running both?? I swear I have seen a pic of someone who had both.....

Old 01-15-2004 | 02:54 AM
Originally posted by 400HPHD
But whats stopping us from running both?? I swear I have seen a pic of someone who had both.....
My guess is two things
One is simply its a costly thing to fab, and the benefits are probably not all that great. It's probably better to spend all your money into one blower than to try to mickey mouse two into the vehicle.

The other thing is probably tuning. I've never tuned before, but i hear about tuners going at a truck for 2 days around the clock trying to get the tune proper. Imagine then, you have to tune with two variably inconsistent air sources. If all the truck does is go in a straight line WOT, then it's not going to be quite as bad. Even then ambient air temp and pressure probably will ruin the tune and your back at sqaure one. Both blower are going to react to air temps and pressures differently. And then the worst part my guess is, tuning it for the street where you go through a variable amount of rpms and conditions. With a seperate ignition system it may be possible but I simply don't have enough knowledge, crash can probably answer best.

And speaking of that, someone here was using the FAST ignition system but i lost that post, i'll have to check how its going.

Quick Reply: New Blower Coming Soon