Lightning

HELP w/2001 Lightning Value ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001 | 01:47 PM
|
Question HELP w/2001 Lightning Value ?

I would appreciate your comments and/or inputs:

#1 What would be the street value of an immaculate 2001L with only 1,400 miles?
100% stock with bedrug and soft tonneau cover...

#2 What is the best way to sell a Lightning?

Current economic conditions are forcing me to consider selling my 'dream' vehicle...

Thanks in advance for your inputs,
2001L

Old 10-12-2001 | 01:53 PM
I'm not too sure on the value end of things. I guess it all depends on what the going rate for a 2001 Lightning is in your area. I would assume that its pretty constant throughout the year in TX since you don't have to deal with snow and winters as much as here in New England. For example, at this exact time last year, I picked up my 2000 L brand new for $27,500. I would expect you could get more than that for yours in TX (but thats just a guess).

Secondly, if you are ready to sell it now (as opposed to just thinking about it), I'd throw it in the classifieds here on f150online. I used it to sell my shift kit, and it was gone in just about a week for what I was asking for it. First of all its free to do (so there's nothing to lose), and also there seems to be a large amount of people (even non-L owners) here on this board from TX...so thats about the best direct marketing campaign I can think of.

Sorry to have to see you sell it, but good with everything nonetheless.

Later...

GK

Old 10-12-2001 | 01:56 PM
The way things sound you probably won't get too much. You can buy a new one at adealer for 28.8K with .9% for 4 years on x-plan. If someone buys yours they could probably get 8% bank financing. That 7% difference isn't working in your favor.

You may get lucky and sell it to someone who hasn't heard of the low interest rates or someone that doesn't know about x-plan.

Good Luck!

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:29 PM
Location has a lot to do with it too. Here in Michigan, just about anyone can get A/X/Z plans, plus there's plenty still on the lots around here. In Texas, you might have better luck since there doesn't seem to be any around on the lots. (At least that's what I've got out of reading this board)

Go with high end of Kelly Blue Book. Try kbb.com and see what it says. You can always come down from there if you have to.

Bob

Old 10-12-2001 | 03:55 PM
Wait till the end of oct. alot of the low financing deals
expire then and dealers should be out of 01 stock
and u got at least 3 months before the 02s arrive.
Good luck.

Old 10-12-2001 | 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation. A ballpark figure is a $5000 loss after you take it off the lot and title the vehicle. With the 2002 due in a few months and the low interest rates, I wish you all the best of luck

Quick Reply: HELP w/2001 Lightning Value ?