Lightning

Great Night At E-Town!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001 | 11:32 PM
|
Thumbs up Great Night At E-Town!!

hey guys, had a great time at e-town. had alot of fun and it was alot of fun meeting some of you. i met Vin, Jim and Sean from JDM, and Kyle who was from another state. there were a few others whos names i didnt catch but everyone was cool!! its great to put a face with screen names finally. i had alot of fun looking at all the L's , especially Jims truck. he was really a cool guy to meet and he was really nice to me and my friend Chris with the 2000 black L. he was really knowledgable and had no problems talkin with us and answering questions. after they made thier runs he was showing us some sort of hand held computer that tells you all about the run you just made and it tells you his timing and shift points. he was very open with everything about the truck also. everyone had really good runs and i think Vin and Jim have new personal bests, but ill let them publish that info on their own!! oh yea and Chris ran a hell of a fast time too!!! these trucks really do wake up with a chip and filter!! Mike

Last edited by SLP 97 CAMARO SS GUY; 10-17-2001 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-17-2001 | 11:43 PM
It was great meeting the 2 of you, I was the silver 01' with the muffler that blew off.

Isn't that reader thingy cool

Old 10-17-2001 | 11:50 PM
|
Thumbs up

yea, that thing was cool as hell!! amazing how it knows everything about the run you just made. very good thing to have and a must i guess if you want to really be able to tweak and tune the truck to its absolute best. hey captain, whats your first name?

Old 10-18-2001 | 12:36 AM
i had a good time also meeting some of the guys from this board and i agree with saying that jim@jdm is a hell of a nice guy and he was very helpful , and answered all mine and slp97 ? .thanks jim also hope to see u at e-town sat . o bye the way my new best with just chip and filter a 13.2@102 woooooo hoooo chip and filter what a difference . and jim u will be hearing from me soon

Old 10-18-2001 | 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor
Mike and Chris,

It was nice meeting you tonight.
Your truck was running strong, with only a chip and filter.
You would have probably gone faster if it wasn't for those 20 MPH head winds.
The computer that you were looking at in my truck is a high speed data logger.
It monitors and records all important functions.
It was cool that you were interested in seeing all the data from Shaun's 11.89 run.
Hope you can make it Saturday.
I spoke to Michael Napp ( the track manager) he is going to rope off an area so all Lightnings can pit together.

Jim@JDM

Old 10-18-2001 | 12:49 AM
Hey guys,

I didn't head down tonight because of the wind and stuff, so I'll just look for everyone on Saturday.

I might run the AutoX in the morning there before the drags in the afternoon.

Daniel

Old 10-18-2001 | 07:53 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time.

Did 2fast4U make it into the 12's ? If so your da man.

Look out for the New England invasion this weekend, it looks like there will be at least 6 of us heading down maybee more.

See you all tomorow or sat.

Old 10-18-2001 | 09:00 AM
Rest In Peace
Angry

I didnt make it down the damn truck blew the fuse for the fuel pumps since i put the the new bigger fuel pumps in. But now it runs fine and my friend put a bigger fuse on now so should be good. Ill be there staurday for some runs hopefully weather will be nice and no nasty head winds.
Vin

Old 10-18-2001 | 07:00 PM
Yep Yep on the no winds for saturday

Old 10-18-2001 | 07:41 PM
|
Talking

wait a second here, now im confused again, lol Vin you didnt go? i met a kid named Vin who was with Jim and Sean who also had a black Lightning and i know you have a black L so i just assumed it was you!! hahaha so the guy Vin i met is a different Vin with a black L and the chrome wheels like yours? lol dont i feel like a jerk hehe Mike

Old 10-18-2001 | 09:36 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it either I had some family things to work out?? Chris nice time buddy and u only got a chip and fiter Ill be going down to E-town fri nite to pic up my new wheels from my good down south buddy DL. See you guys on Sat w/the new wheels
Later
Smok'n L

Old 10-19-2001 | 12:20 AM
SLP 97 CAMARO SS GUY - 2 Vin's w/ black L's confusing isn't it, I think they both live close to eachother also.

Quick Reply: Great Night At E-Town!!