Lightning

winter tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winter tire suggestions

i have a set of 16 inch rims waiting for some winter rubber to be mounted to them. ive done the searches on this but just looking for some feed back on the tire size, the two ive narrowed it down to is the dunlop winter tire that has a size of 255 65 16, and the bridgestone and it only has a max size for the 16 inch of 225 55 16. taking into considertion im in michigan and see the same amount of wet, snow, and dry conditions during the winter months what would u go with....

jim

Old 10-18-2001, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter Tires

I had a set of (4) Bridgestone Winter Duellers mounted on some Expy 26 inch rims, the size was 225 70R 16 which was the exact same height as the stock rubber.

The winter duellers are amazing in the snow and ice, and did a commendable job on dry roads. They would actually hold full throttle above 10-15 MPH with the R9 Superchip in.

Of course I'm sure the wear rate at that point was slightly accelerated...

This was My second set of Blizzacks on each of the 2 Lightnings, that I have owned, and another set on wifeys Accord, so I do like the tire.

I actually cracked the airdam on my 94 L pushing through over 22" of snow getting home during a storm one night.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: winter tire suggestions