Lightning

My second intercooler just went out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My second intercooler just went out!

Noticed that the L was running a bit different, when I went to pull over the resovoir for the intercooler was bone dry!! I called Ford and they told me to call them back Tuesday to set up a time to see what the problem is. We'll see how that goes. What mods should I take off before I take it back to the dealership?

Old 10-19-2001, 05:42 PM
90 maf
chip
pulley
ram air
That's what I would do.

Old 10-19-2001, 07:07 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
No, don't take it back to the dealer. Instead call Ford the company and get your IC parts ordered (the updated ones in the RECALL). Then go and have your truck serviced. Of course, take out the chip.

BfB

Old 10-19-2001, 08:27 PM
I just recently went in to my dealer-Bill Currie in Tampa. I talked to
the Service Manager and 2 of his assisstant managers. I wanted the straight stuff from the dealer on mods and warranty work.
We talked at length. I told him all my mods---90 maf,other than stock air filter, single blade throttle body AND the chip. He basically said that if a problem developed relating to those added mods( if the mod could be proved to have caused the problem) then they most certainly woulf fix the problem---at MY expense. Other than that, no problem. He did advise me I should wait till my warranty period expires prior to installing the pulleys however.
I pick up my truck tomorrow after they have done the I/C replacement and the wiper motor cover. They also did a couple other minor things I questioned w/o a fuss.
P.S. -Don't bother removing your chip anyway, the diagnostic check can show an aftermarket chip was installed not to mention the seal has been broken on the computer where the chip plugs in.
These people are cool. And reasonable. They have the nicest AC Cobra replica that the sales manager drives. A real killer car. Sponsored entirely by the dealership.

Quick Reply: My second intercooler just went out!