Lightning

traction?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 02:17 AM
|
traction?!?

what is the biggest difference in the 01's and the 99's as far as traction? the reason i am asking is that mine (99 black) rarely ever loses traction when i get up on it to race the ricers...my room mates (01 red) will spin the tires like there is no tomorrow.

is it the gear ratio's?
the 20 extra HP?
or something else?

given that the conditions are about the same.

thanks
tom

Old 10-21-2001 | 04:28 AM
Answers:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. naw!

...although a lot of people say the "new F1s" bite a little better than previous years... I couldn't tell ya anymore, I can't keep the *** end planted above 1/2 throttle on the pavement

Old 10-21-2001 | 01:13 PM
up in smoke

On the street I can send these F1s up in smoke just by mashing the throttle. At the track they hooked up great. I can get them to hook on the street too. Just don't pounce on it. Press the throttle to the floor.
Mine is still pure stock.

Old 10-21-2001 | 02:29 PM
I lost to WS6 ram air last night due to traction issues!! He had trq. converter,3:73's,mas, and lots of other tweaks he wouldnt say. He thrashes vette's all day long with this car. We lined up and had some buddies 1/4 mile down the road. He got the jump on me off the light by two car lengths(Im spinning like crazy), after I hooked up I was at his bumper at the 1/4 mile mark and still pulling hard on him when he got out of it. I know I can take this guy if I could hook up better. Looks like its time for some sort of traction bars..........or maybe I need to learn how to launch better!:o The truck has got the power,just need to plant it!

Old 10-21-2001 | 07:43 PM
Check my website concerning the Truck-Traks traction bars. They are a "slapper" type of traction bar built specifically for Gen 2 Lightning trucks. It's in my signature at the bottom.

They are designed to provide comfort and traction on the street, since there is no mechanical coupling between the rear and the chassis. You can go racing with them w/o making any adjustments.

I have found they work very well with ET Streets, as I tested them last week.

Quick Reply: traction?!?