Lightning

Attention: So. Cal. L owners!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 04:26 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Attention: So. Cal. L owners!!

Greetings all. If you race in So. Cal, or at the tracks close to me (LACR, Cal. Speedway, Carlsbad), you know they are plauged with 17 second and slower cars taking up all the good time to race. Well, thanks to a Supra friend of mine, he brought to my attention.

A local import group is renting out Fomoso Raceway in Bakersfield for the whole day. The are allowing Vettes, Camaros, Stangs, and Lightnings to join. The best part about it is, they are trying to keep it at a 60 vehicle limit (which will keep things moving quickly all day long), and better yet, no cars over 16 seconds allowed!!!!

Check out this website, and tell me if you're interested or not! I e-mailed one of the promoters and they seemed excited to have the Lightnings join them.

http://www.ztoyz.net/private_track_event.htm

Old 10-21-2001, 04:42 PM
Marcus, I'd love to participate. I have a sales meeting to go to so I won't be able to make it. I'll be in North Carolina from Nov. 26-Dec. 3rd.

Old 10-21-2001, 07:58 PM
Talking Im IN!

Hey Marcus,

Sounds great i'm all over it! Just Email me and let me know when this is all going down. And hopefully I can jump into the 12's there.

-Sam

Old 10-21-2001, 08:58 PM
Talking

I'm definitely up for it, Marcus. How do I sign up? I'd like to get a confirmation asap so I can make motel reservations.

Old 10-21-2001, 11:22 PM
Talking

Sorry to hear you can't make it Jay, it won't be the same racing without you.

George, Sam Great to hear that you're coming. George, I'm especially anxious to see your truck run. Sam, ever get those problems squared away??

For anyone interested, click the link in my original post, and it'll tell you everything you need to know, from Hotel Reservations, to cost, times, etc. I'm definately in. I just didn't want to be the oonly Lightning up there.

Old 10-22-2001, 01:33 AM
Oh wow.

I am all over that. That looks like a BLAST!

Maybe I can get my other car running and tow it up there with the L.

-Dale

Old 10-22-2001, 02:35 AM
Talking All Fixed

I had all my problems fixed for about two months now! I actually pulled off a 13.50 flat with horrible 60 foot times, basically cause I was just going all ***** out to see how my truck would perform. My 60 ft times are going to be better this route, I took off a bunch of heavy things and am anticipating 13.1- maybe 12's when I get my ET's

-Sam

Old 10-25-2001, 02:53 PM
Talking

Just got off the phone with Steve, and he said in the morning we will be running for our best times, and then in the afternoon will be will doing the bracket racing for the cash prizes. This is a full event, so there will be on hand medical staff, track personel, the whole 9 yards. If you think you will be running 13's and faster, bring a helmet!! This is just like a regular event. I also believe that you can't run in shorts or opened toed shoes either, so keep that in mind. I suggest sending in the deposit as soon as possible. Mine is going out today in the form of money order. This deposite is to hold your place, it WILL be given back at the event. Here's the address to send check or money order to:
Ztoyz
144 South Alan Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106

------------------

Old 11-02-2001, 03:09 PM
TTT

Just wanted to remind people that this is still going on. So far 3 (confirmed) L's are coming.

Dale, how about you? Don't let me be the only "whippersnapper" there!!
Anyone else interested??

Old 11-06-2001, 12:03 AM
Im there Marcus

I signed up a while back, but he apparently didnt add me to the list.

Im on there now, only listed as "David Hines" ... Oh well

He also listedmy mods wrong, but thats ok. If I run 12.9's with just a chip & filter I think I'll have to change my shorts!

Sounds almost just as interesting to watch some of the other cars signed up as it to race the L...

-Dale (Waaay Excited.)

Old 11-06-2001, 01:11 AM
Unhappy

They put me down for 12.9s too, Dale. I told them 13.2 was likely, but I hoped to get in the 12s. That was before the debacle at Irwindale last Thursday. BTW, Dale, I called your house to see if you wanted to go, but your mom said you were at work. I forgot that some people have to support their L. habit. If I can't get the truck to hook any better I'll be lucky to see 13s, much less 12s. Put in an emergency call to JDM to order their traction bars, but they are not in stock now. Hope I can get them on before Dec. 1 or I will be doing a lot of spectating.

Old 11-06-2001, 01:58 PM
Haha,

I guess that really shows how much of a whippersnapper I am eh?

Living with my parents is probably the only reason that I can afford the L...

Anywho, Ive got a set of 16" M/T ET Streets that I am going to bring. You are more than welcome to try them out for a few runs.

Hell, if you think you are going to run between now and Dec.1 sometime, you can borrow them and see how they help you out. They hurt my mph somewhat, but they really helped out of the hole.

-Dale

Quick Reply: Attention: So. Cal. L owners!!