Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

what my buddy Ole L_Acious said....

COOLIO!!

Old 10-22-2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CornerCarver
Makes me wish I would have rode up wth DL now! Better yet, DROVE UP!
Me too!

You Southren L guys need to drive over to Reynolds, GA.--decent 1/4 mile track and friendly people. We could havean 'Etown South'!

Congrats to everyone and the good times you guys and gals had.
Dan

Old 10-22-2001, 04:12 PM
Talking

Glad to see everyone had fun, sorry I missed it, as I was at E town thursday and the track was hooking pretty well in my opinion....

On a side note, did any of you guys happen to see what Tommy's 94 White Lightning From Larocca's ran??? He had the badass white cage, the 9" rear, 383, C6, D1R on it?? I talked to him last thursday and I was curious to see what he ran, 9.50's???

Jeff

Old 10-22-2001, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff, I had the fastest Lightning there, with an 11.63. The only truck faster was a 10 second Ranger. There was a bad azz caged Gen 1, but it was red, and was not allowed to run because he had open exhaust. I don't recall seeing the white Larocca truck.

Old 10-22-2001, 04:35 PM
BlackCobra99Va - come to think of it I think I saw a white L sitting @ LaRocca's shop.

Does anyone know what the Twin-Turbo Gen1 ran?

Old 10-22-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious

Does anyone know what the Twin-Turbo Gen1 ran?
I don't thin he ran, he was having fuel delivery problems, but it looked like a cool setup.

Here are some pics of the gang.

Old 10-22-2001, 06:38 PM
here are some more for some reason it wouldn't allow me to post them all at once.

Old 10-22-2001, 09:33 PM
Just would like to say. that JL had a Great! time.. Even tho i didn't get my 11 sec. pass Sal ran great. and so did jim. my hats off to them.. i ran a best of 12.0 @ 108 my last pass of the day ended when i broke a rear u-joint! it happend around the 1,000 ft. mark. those of you who don't have loops on. get them on! we never know when this might happen and man was i glad i had one on when that baby let go! The run felt stronger than my previous 12.0 pass. and i can't help but wonder if that run might have been my 11 Well i met alot of new people and really enjoyed talking and exchanging ideas and thoughts it was great! i couldn't even begin to mention all the new names but really had a great time! i believe all of us lightning owners really impressed everyone! we had these lightnings flying! Thanx to mm/ff and Englishtown raceway for putting this event together! JL

Old 10-22-2001, 10:51 PM
DL
Thumbs up Re: Fords at E-town this weekend

Hey Sal,

It was great to finally meet you, I had a great time hanging out with you and appreciate all the helpful tips you gave me. Very impressed with your 11 second runs..Congrats again..

It was great to meet some people and see some again: Totaled, Don C, Bill (HD millinium), Charley, Lenny, BadAzz516, Kyle, Rick, Chris, Eric, tommylightning, and so many other L owners..

I got to race Clay again, last time was at Cecil, he's been tweaking, He's faster than me now Congrats Clay.

Thanks especially to JL for helping me and a lot of other L owners with our L's at the races. JL really goes out of his way to help everyone get their trucks ready to race while he has to get his ready to race also.. JL, I'm sure you'll see those 11 second passes soon as you get hooked up better.

Thumbs up to JL and Sal for racing their trucks. Congrats to JDM for having some great runs.

LIGHTNINROD, an E-Town South sounds good to me..

If I missed mentioning someone, you know us southern guys are kinda slow, NOT .

It was a pleasure hanging out and meeting old and new faces..
We all showed everyone at E-Town just how impressive our L's really are...

If I'm still in town next week, I'll see most of you all at Cecil County Raceway for the SuperStallion's event Sat. Nov. 03 again..

later,
DL

Last edited by DL; 10-22-2001 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:38 AM
Thumbs up

Glad I got to hang out with everyone one again, there were definately alot of impressive trucks there! Some great runs!

Sorry I missed Sunday, had to go autocross. Had a great time at dinner again too!

I also didn't get us lost this time *cough kyle cough*... heheh

Daniel

Old 10-23-2001, 04:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear EVERYBODY had a great time (pun intended). Sorry I missed such an event in my own backyard, but I was able to make a few bucks this weekend And as every Lightning owner knows........You can't have enough bucks!

Old 10-23-2001, 08:22 AM
Thumbs up

I had a great time except for Englishtown Friday night --- what a joke At least we got our money back!! I want to especially thank Lauren(sp) for setting in the freezing cold for 3 hours to watch all of our stuff!!!
It was great meeting everyone!!! I want to thank Adrenaline for the bottle of wet cherry wax!!!! DL as always the life of the party!!! Johnny and Sue for everything – JL sorry I let you try those slicks Sal – great runs and I will post our run later today. Hey Sal – what was that smoke DonC is a really good guy just as he appears online!!
One last thing: I have read stories of really cool cops well we got to experience some Friday night --- let’s just say they gave JL and I their approval for some street testing!!!
Looking forward to Cecil on the 3rd hope everyone can make it there also!!

Old 10-23-2001, 10:24 AM
Talking

Originally posted by LightningTuner
Jeff, I had the fastest Lightning there, with an 11.63. The only truck faster was a 10 second Ranger. There was a bad azz caged Gen 1, but it was red, and was not allowed to run because he had open exhaust. I don't recall seeing the white Larocca truck.

Thanks Sal!!!! Congrats on the new times, thats flying!!! Where in LI are you?? I grew up in Smithtown, near McCarville Ford, where I'm sure you may have gotten your truck!! LOL....Any way, just curious, I'll talk to Jimmy L. today and see why Tommy didn't run that white beast....I know they had it on the dyno on friday, but he does run an open exhaust, just headers and its LOUD, but supposed to make around 750-800hp at the wheels...He had all the weight out of it too, so maybe next time....

Congrats to everyone else, and for sure I will be at Cecil on Nov 3rd for the SSOTN Nats....

Jeff

Old 10-23-2001, 10:35 PM
yes daniel i did get us lost but that sunaco gas station looked awsome with all them lightnings is it !!!! It was actually a well planned out wrong turn. But dinner was great.!! DL you are and absolute riot the life of the party.Hope to see you all in a few at cecil ...kyle

Old 10-23-2001, 11:12 PM
Man, I had a great time this week. I came up Wed. to JDM for some tuning and other goodies and ran my 12 on Wed. night at E-Town. I backed it up with 12.96.

I couldn't muster anymore 12s out of her for the weekend. I think I am having stock converter problems. If I rev her up to 1000 I start inching forward. Way too tight.

My next time up, Jim(JDM) told me to launch at idle and see if my 60' time improves........well, she did something I have never felt. There was a second and half delay from when the pedal hit the bottom of the floor the and when the truck actually moved.....I know there is a converter problem now. Time for that new converter!!!!

JL, Sal, totaled, DL,

It was great to sit down and chat with you both and I always learn a lot from all of you.

I talked a lot with two gentlemen and damn if I can remember their name. I know they had JL decals all over there trucks and they trailered their Ls in. If someone can tell who they were, it would be most appreciated. If you guys read this, it was great to meet both of you!!!

Hopefully, I will see everybody at Cecil on Nov.3rd.

Vin(badazz516),

Sorry, I didn't see you there. I thought I say a truck like your but kinda forgot to go talk to ya!!! If you are gonna be at Cecil on Nov. 3rd, I will see ya there. Oh, do you know what happened to Spiro?? I haven't heard from him.

Quick Reply: Fords at E-town this weekend