Lightning

Fords at E-town this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 08:38 AM
Rest In Peace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2_FAST4U
I was parked next to Sal in the corner i had the PSP banner across the windshield. I wasnt sure which truck was yours or i would have came over to talk to you. As for my truck i think when i did the new bigger fuel pumps that monday its making the truck run to lean and my times were *****. My first pass on strip side of the program was like 14.05 and my 60 fts were bad all over 2 gotta drop them down. My next run was on street side of the chip and it was a 14.15. Sal did a quick reburn for me and he said must be running lean since my time went up in street because street is leaner. With the new program Sal gave me for strip big improvement i ran 13.89 but 60ft's still over 2 and after that run i stopped on the scales the truck was a whopping 5118lbs that retrax and truck traks are heavy. Well for my final run when i was in the staging lanes and starting the truck i got a service engine soon light made my pass and ran my best of 13.80. I finally lowered the air pressure for that run from 35lbs to 28 that probably helped some to plus this was all done on the F1's. So i was happy that i broke 13's with a 5118lb truck and a service engine soon light on. But i know something isnt right with my truck i mean my friend who i matched up with twice was running like 13.98 with a stock 01 red. With my mods i should have killed him. When i got back to the pits Sal hooked her up to the scanner and it was a lean code for the service engine light i got that service engine light the day after i did the pumps and it was a lean code to my friend hooked it up to his scanner and got that to. Sal said it ws nothing to worry about i could drive it he said all the levels were right so he wasnt sure why i got that light. So somethings up with the truck i didnt even break 100 mph only got like 99 and change. So im taking my truck for a custom dyno tune with Sal gotta get all my mods working together. As for Spiro i didnt see him there but on my last run when i was talking to DL in the staging lanes i saw a trailer that said empty pockets racing on it and i know thats Spiro's saying so that might have been him there with his mustang didnt get a chance to go see because when i noticed it it was time to race. Well all in all it was a fun weekend and nice to meet everyone cant wait to do it again i know my truck has a 12 second run in her just gotta get the mods working together.
Vin

Old 10-24-2001, 09:17 AM
Rest In Peace
Talking

Saw this posted on SVTPerformance figured everyone that ran Sat would like to see it.
Vin

Old 10-24-2001, 09:21 AM
Cool 11 TH PLACE NOT TO SHABBY

WISH IT WAS A 12.6 BUT HEY YA GOTTA TAKE WHATCHA CAN GET.

Old 10-24-2001, 12:37 PM
Vin,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had some problems too. I ran my 12.92 on Wed. and for the weekend I couldn't get any lower than a 13.0. I think I am having torque converter problems, time for the 2400 PI!!!!

Somethings up with Spiro. Ususally he's on here posting and I haven't seen or talked to him since tuesday of last week.

I was parked over on the JDM side and I was the black '00 on the very end. Jim(JDM) was on one side and I was on the other.

Are you going to SSOTN fall nationals at Cecil on the Nov. 3rd??

If so, I'll see ya there.

Oh, and I got 20th on that sheet, should have been lower!!!

Last edited by 2_FAST4U; 10-24-2001 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:51 PM
HEHE
If I had known that they were going to post the results I wouldn't have let Bill drive my truck that run. See what happens when you do a good deed.

Well I had a great time this past weekend, even though I was parked right next to Kyle J/K

Old 10-24-2001, 01:04 PM
Rest In Peace
2_FAST4U
I set up my custom tune with Sal today im doing it this friday once we get the beast running at her full potential im gonna try and make it to Cecil. Now can anyone tell me where the HE!! it is and how to get there i know its not that far from me. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Vin

Last edited by BadAzz516; 10-24-2001 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Fords at E-town this weekend