Lightning

Fords at E-town this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 09:34 PM
|
Thumbs up Fords at E-town this weekend

Hey all, we had a GREAT time this weekend. Pretty much everyone there was an internet guy, and it was nice to put some faces to the names. Just to name a few, DL was a blast to hang out with, BadAzz516 was great to see, Don C was great company, HDmilinium was really nice, and that truck of his is sweet!! Let me tell you, those 22's are VERY impressive in person. Let's see.. also 2Fast4U was really nice, Totalled and his wife were great people, and man, there were so many more there, I just can't remember them all!

On a personal note, the entire weekend was WELL needed. There was a section blocked off just for the Lightnings and Jim, Johnny and myself and all our customers, were all parked together. I honestly have to say that I felt NO tension between anyone. Jim, JL and myself chewed the fat with each other several times over the weekend, and I really think that all these "internet" people, needed an event like this. A lot of times things don't come out right on the net, or you really don't get to know someone from typed posts. I think many were surprised that everyone was really cool, and we all had a blast.

Now on to the juicy stuff!! It's no secrect my goal for the weekend was to lay down some serious numbers. I have to admit, I was very nervous making the first pass that day. The only break in the new motor had was the 170 mile drive there. And I hadn't even made ONE WOT blast with it!! I came with the 150 jets installed and ready to spray. The truck performed well, with a string of 11.69-11.71s, and then an 11.63@ 116 mph. In true Englishtown fashion, traction sucked!! The best 60ft I could muster was a 1.72. I had been getting 1.65s on the 100 shot. Definately time for some 15s and 28s. I think if I would have had better traction, we might have seen some 11.40s. Keep in mind I was not running my regular Caltracs, but was testing Jays Truck Tracks, which honestly I think they did pretty darn good on a truck this powerful.

There ws so much more to the weekend, but I'll let others chime in, I'm shot and need rest .

Old 10-21-2001 | 10:01 PM
Thumbs up

Sal it was great meeting You, JL, and all the other members who showed up. Now I can put a face to many of you.

Sal your truck was running very strong this weekend, and thanks for the tips and ideas.

Man the ride back to Boston really took it out of me.

Old 10-21-2001 | 10:20 PM
Talking

I had an absolute great time hanging out with so many L owners... And there were alot of us there... Such a sight to see so many L's all pitted together. Lots and lots of very nice runs too!

I'll hopefully be posting some pics soon once the film gets developed.

Sal - What was up with that Spiro look alike? That was kinda spooky...

hdmlinium - Your truck is amazing! Pictures really do not do it justice... And to be running low 12's with 22's just makes it that much sweeter.

DL - Great to see you again... you had me and my girlfriend laughing all day. Hope you will still be in town for the Super Stallions @ Cecil on 11/3!

Once again, it was great to see everyone... I'm looking forward to the next event!

Old 10-21-2001 | 10:38 PM
Thumbs up

Congratulations Sal. Sounds like the new motor is stout. I guess the Truck-Traks passed the high Hp test. I built them as a street/strip setup, but they performed pretty well under fire.

We might be able to reduce the lost 60' times a little. I think you may have to change shock settings. I'll talk to you tomorrow about it.

Old 10-21-2001 | 10:46 PM
Sal - sorry I didn't get a chance to talk you, everytime I saw you some had already gotten to you first. It was definately a fun day Sat. I can only imagine how much more fun it will be come March when it's the all lightning event @ E-town.

Alot of people where not getting the normal traction they get @ E-town.

I posted this in the other thread, these were the pics I took:

Lightnings
More Lightnings
Even more lightnings
Boss Mustang
Bad-to-the-bone custom F-150
JDM Pit
Shelby cobra engine
Shelby Cobra, ran an 11.8
Custom Mustang
Another Custom Mustang
The twin Turbo Gen1 Lightning engine

Old 10-21-2001 | 11:06 PM
Talking

Congratulations Sal on your Nitrous runs. Maybe some day you will run it without Nitros and on 93 octane so we can see some numbers that those of us who don't run nitrous can relate to.
noelvm

Old 10-21-2001 | 11:08 PM
Here is one pic will post more monday evening

Old 10-21-2001 | 11:48 PM
Noel,

JDM ran an 11.83... I think he was also testing a bigger pulley? (lower), but not sure.

Daniel

Old 10-22-2001 | 12:03 AM
Cool

This weekend was the first time really racing my truck and what a blast it was i would like to thank johnny sal don dL charley lenny eric rick etc for making this and AWSOME weekend i have never had so much fun. I am a show car nut turned racer. Johnny u made my truck a rocket thank you very much!!!! best e t 12.5 at 106 with a pulley chip ait kit . it was awsome It was nice to meet all the people in here. I cant wait untill cecil county in november
thanks to all that made this a killer weekend !!!! KYLE

p.S Lenny your truck will be rolling in no time at all !

Old 10-22-2001 | 06:26 AM
Thumbs up

Now this is what ole Frank likes to read! Everybody together and getting along with each other and having a blast at the same time. It doesn't get any better than that. Fantastic times Sal and JDM ! I really wish that I could have been there.

Frank

Old 10-22-2001 | 08:41 AM
Sal,

Good seeing you again...and excellent times with the new setup. I think/hope you will see low 11's in there. Get those 15"'ers and the roll cage in....Cecil is right around the corner (11/3).

I hope Lisa didn't exhibit any weird aftershock from the jambalaya....

See you in nov

Old 10-22-2001 | 08:47 AM
I had a great time! It's always fun getting the whole Lightning community together. I leave with a bunch of idea's and no money to implement them. I hope to see many of you at the SuperStallion's event at Cecil in two weeks.

Old 10-22-2001 | 09:00 AM
It was great hanging out with everyone. DL, Sal, JL and Sue, Totaled and everyone else I have met and hung out with on Sat. It was a great day at the track. Everyone was running some great times. I will be @ Cecil in 2 weeks, hope to see everyone again then (hope to have my torque converter by then).

Old 10-22-2001 | 03:14 PM
Rest In Peace
Talking

It was great to finally meet everyone Sal, DL, Tommylightning, and everyone else. Glad to see everyone cant wait to do that again.
Vin

Old 10-22-2001 | 03:29 PM
Unhappy

Makes me wish I would have rode up wth DL now! Better yet, DROVE UP!

Quick Reply: Fords at E-town this weekend