Lightning

Guys considering guages!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 09:57 PM
|
Arrow Guys considering guages!!!!!

I Have had autometer guages since 1996 (see the cobra in the sig) and i always thought they were very nice. I even ordered some for the L but after some freinds ragged me to death i boned up for some real guages, after all i just paid 30k+ for a pickup
They are called defi guages and they are made in japan by nippon seiki.

These guages are popular with the import crowd and my freinds use them in their cars (supra's and rx7's). They are white with green backlit's but all the needles and hash marks are ilumminated like high line jap and euro cars. They look 200% at night then any other guage i have seen to date.

Now heres if the cool part>>> They are configured in a daisy chain style wiring scheme, what this means is that the guages are controlled by a single head unit and everthing plugs into it (see pic)

These guages have peak hold recalls, adjustable warning lights and 40 second replays. All these functions are controlled by the head unit, and that unit can handle 7 guages so if you want to add another one later on all you do is plug it in to the control unit.

Since the head unit controls everything wiring becomes a matter of 3 wires (key on, grd, illumination) then each sender also just plugs into the head unit as well the guages themselves are just plug and play.

They are very pricey but worth it imho. I bought a boost set (comes with control unit), fuel pressure, water temp. The cost was just at $600.00 to my door and should be here next week. I just need to find somebody with a autometer # 17305 guage pod in stock. the lotek pod i got saturday fit like crap and cracked when i installed one of my autometers in the bottom hole (pic at bottom)

Here is a link with all the info you could ever want, if anybody is intrested just post here or email me at rftjr@prodigy.net for the best pricing i have found online.

http://www.defi-shop.com/defilink/us...k/defifrm.html

Bob

Last edited by Bob Tompkins; 11-25-2001 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Guys considering guages!!!!!