Lightning

Best day ever with my Lightning!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will be there Tues and Wed. E-mail me so we can give you our cell #. My address is: rick@lnett.com

Old 10-23-2001, 09:53 PM
Ruslow

I heard that Hallett was a pretty rough track. Havent been there but a co worker showed me his car after running there and it took a beating from loose rocks and stuff.

Still sounds like fun 2 hours track time for $75 bucks.

I cant see ANY lightning lasting long ontrack without additional brake cooling....

Doug

Old 10-23-2001, 10:37 PM
How long ago?New onwers are repaving it and it is pretty good now.they still have to do some more paving but it is 100 times better than last year.Stan

Old 10-23-2001, 10:41 PM
ArrestMeRed01,

Rick, I can't get your email to work.

Old 10-24-2001, 12:49 AM
It's rick@ L nett like this though rick@lnett.com Small L .

Or use gzimmerman@sprynet.com

Thanks, Rick

Old 10-24-2001, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Jay Lincoln
When I went to Bob Bondaurant's school, they did the same thing. It's just scary! They are so good, they can get those vans full of people around the road course almost as fast as us in the Mustang GT's.
Yep, I couldn't agree more. The "van ride" is a definate highlight of any course you take there. Just as awesome was the fact that the instructor driving was spending more time making eye contact with the participants via the rear view mirror than watching the track. Those guys take car control to a whole new level.

BTW, there was a nasty rumor over on BON about Bondurant/Ford parting ways and the school switching to Toyotas...I hope Ford doesn't let this happen. Dwindling profits or no, it would be a big mistake to allow that to happen.

Another thing about attending a class out there; it seems you always run into someone. Does this guy look familiar (see attached file)? Couldn't believe that opportunity. He was pretty cool about it too, so it made it that much better.

Old 10-24-2001, 09:27 AM
Ruslow:

Funny you mentioned upgrading the brake fluid--I think it was the zine, Grassroots Motorsports, that stated that the Ford(truck) brake fluid had one of the highest boiling points of any readily available(paraphrasing) fluid. Caused me to flush the fluid in my 91 Z281LE(point roll cage-daily driven) driver's school car and put in the Ford fluid.

What do you recommend?

Dan

Old 10-24-2001, 09:37 AM
ford does but the problem is that the cap is not sealed away from the atmosphere so the fluid aborbs the moisture from the air.So over a period of time the fluid starts to loss its effecy[sp].Stan

Old 10-24-2001, 09:40 AM
Having just completed our SVTOA event up here a couple of weeks ago, all I can say is FUN, FUN, FUN. One word of caution though. If you are running a high speed road course, which is a lot of fun, be prepared to have NO brakes by the time you've completed about 8 laps. It makes you question your sanity. However, they will come back. You've just boiled the snot out of them. I found it took about 12 hours for the bubbles to fully find their way to the top.

That last turn will be an eye opener. And get about 40 psi in those tires. Have fun and take care.

Quick Reply: Best day ever with my Lightning!!