Lightning

Paint and Window Tint in Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint and Window Tint in Dallas Area

Got my 2001 Lightning two weeks ago. I only want the best for my beast, so I thought I'd go to the best:

In the Dallas area, where is the very best place to get my windows tinted. I don't mind paying a little extra to get the job done right.

Also, I traded a 2000 F-150 4x4, Medium Toreador Red Metallic, Flareside for the L. I took the Snuglid off of the truck want to get the lid painted Silver to match the Lightning. I got a number from DFW Camper Corrall regarding a good paint shop, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy from these guys. Like I said, I don't mind spending a little extra to get the job done right. Any recommendations for good paint shops in the DFW area. Keep in mind that I'll be asking them to paint a fiberglass lid. I've made lots of calls and get the "well, we could slap a coat a paint on it, but since it's fiberglass we can't guarantee anything past 55 mph."

Thanks, y'all.

Old 10-23-2001, 08:46 PM
For window tint I would recomend Pro Tint on Preston, don't know the number.

Mike

Old 10-23-2001, 09:39 PM
Sixpipes has had good luck with Streetworks in Denton for Paint

I have had good luck since 87 with Sunmasters auto tint... BUt it is all dependant on the tech.....

You might have more luck posting Dallas specific questions on Talon NLOC forum

Doug

Old 10-24-2001, 09:31 AM
I second on the opinion of Speedworks. They're expensive, but their work and service is great.

Another AWESOME body shop is surprisingly, the John Eagle Lincoln Mercury Collision Center. Just completed last year, it's an impressive 120000 sq ft state of the art facility. They painted some parts of my 69 Cougar and did a spectacular job. Their service was great.

For tinting, I took my truck to SHADES, which is on the south service road of 183 and Macarthur blvd in Irving. They do great work. I've done 3 vehicles there, perfect every time.

Quick Reply: Paint and Window Tint in Dallas Area