Lightning

Thanks JL

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001 | 01:57 AM
|
Thumbs up Thanks JL

Johnny,

Thanks for getting the 4# pulley to me as soon as they came in. The fit was perfect and the belt was just the right length.

I didn't think I was going to get the spindle on the old pulley to break loose without breaking something else. Man that thing was on there. I had a big pipe that's almost 3 feet long on the end of the rachet. I was pushing on it with both feet while holding on to the sway bar. I gave it a little snap but it still didn't break loose. Fast1Matt (Matt Park) gave it a shot next with both feet on the pipe. I couldn't stand to watch because I was afraid something might break. He gave it a good snap and it finally broke loose. He said his wasn't anywhere near that tight.

It runs great with it on. No detonation and the boost gauge is so far in the black it ain't funny. I can't wait to go to the track Thursday and see the difference between a 2# and 4#.

Old 10-24-2001 | 07:44 AM
Hey Chuck:

It's good to see that I wasn't the only one to get help breakin' that bastard loose! I had to buy a new, longer breaker-bar and still couldn't crack it--my neighbor did though(maybe I had loosened it for him-LOL).

Dan

Old 10-24-2001 | 08:28 AM
Old 10-24-2001 | 09:40 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Talking

focus grasshopper.....

Old 10-24-2001 | 01:06 PM
|
Talking

Good one Speedy.

I just didn't have the heart to push any harder. My (I don't want to break my *****) instincts were just too strong to let me snap it any harder. Since it wasn't Matt's truck I knew he wouldn't have any problem with this, LOL.

You've got to remember we were using both legs on the end of a long pipe. It's hard to imagine how much torque we were putting on it.

Old 10-24-2001 | 01:44 PM
Unhappy

the torque required is somewhere between a kilo/ft/ton and a mega/ft/ton. i've broken tig welds easier than that thing.

Old 10-24-2001 | 02:00 PM
|
Question

MRBBQMAN,

What is the story behind that spindle. I sure thought mine was going to look like that.

Old 10-24-2001 | 02:28 PM
Talking

it was the byproduct of TnT (temper and testosterone). at one time, i recall saying "oh your coming out of there, even if i have to &*%^ing cut you out!!" that spindle now knows the meaning of the word "respect", even though i was Lightningless for a week, until Jim was able to hustle me another one

Old 10-24-2001 | 03:23 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Wink

be like water

it can take any shape or form, fit into any container.

Water can flow or it can crash.

Be like Water my friend.... or something...