Lightning

Tranny woes....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001 | 01:00 PM
|
Unhappy Tranny woes....

I want to set up a killer 4R100 so here is my question.......

I plan on purchasing a Level 10 shift kit but they also sell a PTS Super Solenoid, what is that???
http://www.levelten.com/store/ford/i...e4od_4r100.htm

Is it the same as the Factory Tech Valve Body that PSP sells....
http://www.powersurgeperformance.net...28All+years%29

Also where does the Line Mod Valve fall in this equation

Any help is appreciated........

P.S.....I don't have a chip, so no increase in shift firmness there

Joe

Last edited by soap; 10-26-2001 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2001 | 03:49 PM
|
Help

No help huh...........

Old 10-29-2001 | 08:18 AM
|
Unhappy

Come on someone has to have some info for me...........

Old 10-29-2001 | 08:55 AM
I believe this months MM&FF has a tranny build up article. Building up your tranny and installing a valve body/shift kit are a little different. A shiftkit/valve body will increase shift firmness through springs, etc. A line mod valve will simply increase tranny line pressure, which increases firmness. I would recommend a valve body or shift kit to start. IMO, I would worry about the tranny build up after you have a problem.

Old 10-29-2001 | 09:49 AM
a FT/PSP shift kit has a Line mod valve in it, it's a part of what I do. The solenoid is the Electronic Pressure Control device, it does electronically what used to be controlled by a vacum modulator (showing my age here), when the PCM says "shift" it says it through the solenoid. In my opinion a performance solenoid is a waste, what it does you'd need a graph and a screen to see, the difference isn't something you'd notice. If you're John Force, by all means, but if not you don't need it. The factory setup on a L is great if you leave the engine stock, but if you get a chip, you need a shift kit. If you start getting real creative under the hood, you need to upgrade some internal parts, and if you don't, things will start breaking. ANd do two things if you get a chip, leave the line pressure to the facotry settings, and think about the torque reduction and how much more you're gonna do. If all you ever do is a chip and filter, a shift kit will compensate for the "hesitation" if you take it out, if you do any more you should plan on upgrading your clutches.

G

Old 10-29-2001 | 11:18 AM
|
Smile Wow

Thanks a lot....finally someone has given me some insight

Joe

Quick Reply: Tranny woes....