Lightning

Finally Drove A L!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally Drove A L!!!

It was so cool.

I pulled up to a Ford dealership and there it was, sitting on the used car lot. A bright red 2001 L. I've tried to test drive a new one before, and you practically have to have the cash in hand to even test drive one around here.

So I manage to get the keys from a sales person and I creaped away from the dealership. I was about a mile away and I decided to see what she would do. Man, this truck is soooo much fun. I stepped on it at 40MPH and it was gone! I also tried it from 20 and the tires broke loose. Unfortuately I had to take it back to the dealer.:-(

I asked them what they wanted for it and they said 29,000, but they would take 27,000 for it. I thought that was way to much. The truck was in decent shape, but it had 25,000 miles on it, both fog lamps were out, there was paint missing on the front bumper( I think the previous owner hit something ), and there were some scratches here in there. But I know these trucks hold their value.

I do know that I have to have one of these trucks now. I graduate in May with a BS in Computer Science, and I think I know what I am going to trade my truck in for. I want a new one( don't want anybody else's race truck ) and maybe by that time they will be making a yellow Lightning!

Old 10-28-2001, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's right

I don't blame you a bit, I wouldn't buy a used L unless I new the person that was selling it. Your right about the price to, with the X plan I only paid 28,300.00 for mine right off the showroom floor. They must have been crazy. Anyway glad you got to play around with it.

Quick Reply: Finally Drove A L!!!