Lightning

Chip Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001 | 03:27 AM
|
Suspended For Rules Violations
Cool Chip Question

O.k. fellas (and ladies). Not to start a war, but could you please either send me an e-mail (prefered) or respond here and tell me which chip you have and what you like about it, and why you chose that brand. Also, could you give me your expeirences (customer service wise) dealing with the tuner of your choice. I'd appreciate this very much. Also, a list of your best times would be great. Thanks

Old 10-29-2001 | 04:51 AM
ughhhh.....Iam NOT going to touch that one

Old 10-29-2001 | 08:14 AM
I have two chips--helps when one is being reburned to be able to install the other one. I won't be without one or the other.

See sig.--the dyno numbers were made with the JDM 'warm' weather chip installed and PSP's pulley--in July, in South Georgia(temps in the 90s). Got good, fast service from Julie at JDMs

The five(only the 'best' in sig.) 12 sec. runs were made with the JL chip and his 3# pulley(and the other mods listed). JL has reburned my chip once at no cost and has always been helpful and good to deal with.

I feel PSP(Sal) would be easy and helpful too(I only changed the pulley for added boost). He's always quick to offer help and advice--even to guys who don't use his products.

You won't go wrong dealing/buying any of these Lightning tuner's chips. They know the trucks weak and strong points and they all will work with you. Be upfront and honest with them, ask questions, and tell them what you want.

Dan

Old 10-29-2001 | 07:53 PM
I am not trying to start a chip war!!! But I just got off the phone with Jim at JDM, 6pm Indiana time think it would be 7 there.Anyway I had a question regarding an odd noise my truck had started making that I thoughht may have been chip related,turns out its my idler pully/belt rattling,but Jim still spent atleast 15 minutes discussing my problem and possible future mods. I have had nothing but good experiances with JDM even after UPS lost my first shipment they promptly sent me the replacement parts even though UPS claimed delivery.

I also have had some dealing with Johnny Lightning and he is a great guy also. My decision to go with JDM was more based on chip brand than supplier to be honest and I have no regrets.I am sure any of the "big 3" can supply you with what you want and need.

Sorry post is so long

Quick Reply: Chip Question