JDM 3.73 gears
JDM Air induction kit
JDM Boost bypass
JDM breather cap for crankcase
JDM line valve mod, transmission
Autometer boost gauge (20psi)
JDM Superchip (mike troyer)

Here is how the stuff went in.

Gears....fairly easy, had to buy a new inner pinion bearing...(hard to find..order ahead of time, from your dealer)

Lower Pulley...follow JL's directions and this is a thirty minute job.

90mm MAS....very easy few screws

Air induction kit...easy you will need a special star bit driver to remove two screws

Boost bypass...very easy..you may be able to attain same affect by just unplugging harness. ( i don't know)

Breather Cap...no brainer..duh

Line valve mod...fairly simple and straight forward...be carefull, i almost striped out a screw...the instuction were very good but maybe they should bold 60 INCH POUNDS because i was working fast and thought it was 60 foot pounds..good thing i caught myself before any damage was done to the transmission.

upper pulley...satans demon mod...took for friggin ever, couldn't get it off with my puller so i had to take the air cutter and cut it into three pieces to get it off..(very time consuming and a PITA) but on the bright side the new unit from JDM went on well and is easily interchangable. Tip #1 when installing JDM's pulley i used a kit i have to take off power steering pulleys, you screw one end of stud into supercharger, other end gets screwed to press, nut and you just wrench it on, no biggie.

Boost gauge went well, i did a custom install, will take pictures and post them... I tapped into the existing bust line that runs to the factory gauge under the dash.

Superchip, take your time, it is very easy...

QUESTIONS

1. I am only seeing 11 pounds of boost with both pulleys installed. I am using the belt that came with the JL pulley. Jim at JDM said this belt was too short and told me to get a K080660 which i did, but have not put it on yet. Has anyone else experienced belt slipping? How does the truck act is it very easy to tell, when it is happening, because other then my guage reading 11 i couldn't hear anything that sounded wrong. With my mods i should be seeing at low 14 to a high of possibly 16#'s of boost.

2. my superchip came with the wrong program installed on it... (no biggie) sending it back and Jim is putting the proper settings on it. Jim said the program on the chip was for someone that is running stock boost, which was way to lean for me.. on the towing side i was pinging on 93 octane, and on the race side, forget about it the truck was dead and sounded like it had marbles in the motor. So i can't test out the new belt until my chip comes back.

Results,
With the pinging on the towing side of my chip i put ten dollors of 104 race gas in the truck and went racing. results
12.78 at 107.64 mph

tried race side of chip to see if it would detinate on race gas,,,(it did) went a 13.11 at 86 mph. had to let off, truck fell down..no power. my times for 60' and 1/8th were slower on race side due to truck being very lean.

Shifting..this thing shifts awesome? I am really happy with it.

Last
I would like to thank Mike Troyer...he is a great guy and was very helpfull. I would like to thank Jim at JDM for helping me get this thing squared away and for the great shipping. I would also like to thank John at JL for the pulley and the great service and quick shipping.

I told all these guys last monday that i had a race this past weekend and they all made sure my parts were here by mid week...thanks again.

Brandon...

don't forget some input on my questions...

Old 11-06-2001 | 02:04 PM
Once you get the new program from Jim, just watch your times drop.

Whith the right belt you might get some more boost you may be slipping just a little, and thats all it takes.

I wouldn't expect 16# but I bet with the right belt 13.

Old 11-06-2001 | 02:07 PM
2kL
|
i just need to find an 8#lower...hehe

Old 11-06-2001 | 04:14 PM
Wow ...I wish I had money for all those mods. 11#'s seems a little low. I've got a '00L with a 90mm MAF, air kit (not ram air), and JL 3# pulley, and in 2nd gear I pull 13#'s of boost...almost 14#'s when it's cold (I live in Florida, so it's never really cold). 11#'s definately seems low, though

Old 11-06-2001 | 05:01 PM
If you think the belt may be a little to short you shouldn't have any belt slippage, this would put more tension on the belt. I don't think I would have even tried to run it hard until you get the chip reburned. Take it easy until you get it back. Sounds like you put out a few bucks lately.

Old 11-06-2001 | 06:34 PM
2kL
|
Originally posted by usahooters
If you think the belt may be a little to short you shouldn't have any belt slippage, this would put more tension on the belt. I don't think I would have even tried to run it hard until you get the chip reburned. Take it easy until you get it back. Sounds like you put out a few bucks lately.
With the long post I can understand the confusion, and my bad typing.. I believed and so does Jim that the belt i am currently using is too long, so i got another one..the truck is resting until my chip comes back..

Brandon

Quick Reply: Update on my mod installs, new times, and lots of questions..long