Lightning

Anyone here have nitrous on their truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001 | 10:58 AM
Just sell your dry kit and get the proper set up .You cant go wrong with a wet kit.That extra fuel is a good saftey measure.Just remember change your plugs get a proper tuned chip.And a clean pair of shorts ..Cause you will need them...LoL

Old 11-09-2001 | 11:13 AM
|
RE

Ok. What kind of chip are you talking about. Are they putting the nozzle before the air mass?

Old 11-09-2001 | 11:18 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Any tuner can get you a nitrous program.

The nozzle should go between the mass air and s/c. Not infront of it.

Some run it through the metal ring directly behind the massair.
Some tap a hole in the upper intake of the s/c. Just depends on your comfort level.

Rich

Old 11-09-2001 | 11:25 AM
There are a few chip tuners out there.I have my favorate you can see it in my signature.But there all good I suppose.Ive heard of some doing it before there mass air but ive been told that is not good.the reason for that is so the maf sences a lean condtion witch tells the computer to add more fuel.I run a wet kit tap off the fuel rail and installed the nozzil in the boot before the throttle body.How ever there a few tuners out there that make a plate for the throttle body.Now Im far from a professional so anyone else out there feel free to correct me if im wrong.But this is how I set up my NOS kit.got all my info off this website from other L owners.There all very helpful. Good luck

Old 11-09-2001 | 11:29 AM
Wink

i know a guy who changed from a wet to a dry, because the wet kit was "hammering" the drivetrain. nothing subtle about a wet shot. the wet will outperform the dry, hands down. now if you are looking for an "edge", the 50-100 dry works well, if you get a chip tuned for a 100 dry shot and are good at changing plugs. Sal sells a billet nitrous plate to install the nozzle. my friend has comsumed over 600lbs of nitrous on the dry shot, usually a 50hp, to pass soccer moms on the cell in the fast lane. the 100hp and lots or other mods has netted a 12.2@114 at the strip on (new) F1's. if you were to run a 100dry all the time, you would be like the "spark plug expert" around here

Old 11-09-2001 | 01:42 PM
Run what?

I use this stuff only to keep my load cool
HONEST!

Quick Reply: Anyone here have nitrous on their truck?