Lightning

Need help quickly!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001 | 01:38 PM
|
Need help quickly!!!!

I have my truck jacked up right now and I am underneath looking for a way to run the ram air through the fog light holes. Looking behind the bumper, it looks that it will be pretty easy but I just need to know about one thing. Behind the bumper, there is a peice of metal (from the frame that holds the bumper on) that extends over the back of the fog light. It looks to me that I can cut out most of the bumper it self and just bend the metal paice of the frame back and then use a peice of hose clamp to hold some dryer hose to the fog light assembly. By bending the frame back, I am thinking that if I ever wanted to put the fog light back in, I could just bend the peice of frame back to the way it was and put bold the fog light right to that. Does anyone forsee a problem in doing this???? Will it still be adaptable for the fog light????

Last edited by 11secL; 11-10-2001 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2001 | 01:43 PM
Just looked at mine seems like a fair assumtion. I have been wanting to do this also be sure and post pics and stuff I am going to use sewer hose for rv's they sell it at walmart same as dryer hose only plastic and wire stronger i think.
Keep us posted

Old 11-10-2001 | 01:50 PM
|
I am going to run a double ram air through both fog lights and I plan on running a third duct to just cool the super charger or something. (I don't really know how effective the passenger side intake will be but at least it will look even). Thanks for your quick reply.

Old 11-10-2001 | 01:59 PM
Are you going to use some kind of screen or grill?

Old 11-10-2001 | 05:16 PM
|
I just went out to home depot and bought 60$ worth of crap and by looking at my plan again, using the passenger side fog light probably wont produce enough air to be worth it because the air would have to shoot straight across. What I will probably do is run the drivers side as a ram air and the passengers side to the sc. Any better ideas???

I currently have a stull grill installed and would like to get custom round ones made for the hole.

Old 11-11-2001 | 12:36 PM
|
Well, I got the drivers side fog light hooked up last night and took her down to the local street races. What a difference it made. Instead of kinda loosing accelaration after 2nd gear, she went very strong even through 3rd. Definatly noticable difference on top end and the power increase felt about 2x greater than my prior JL ram air kit.

Old 11-11-2001 | 03:01 PM
Any chance you could post pics? How does the front stance look?

Quick Reply: Need help quickly!!!!