Lightning

dusted a firebird today :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001 | 02:54 AM
|
dusted a firebird today :)

For the first time today someone besides a van or some other slow car tried to race me today at a stop light,, it was a red firebird formula, dont know if those cars are supposed to be fast but it felt great to win. it was getting old letting those 16 year olds in their parents minivans beat me

Old 11-16-2001 | 03:10 AM
I know how ya feel. A guy at work has been talking trash about his new 2001 Silver Subaru WRX turbo all-wheel-drive. Its a nice car, dont get me wrong. But he didnt think a truck could beat his "Turbo Rally Racer" LOL. Needless to say...after i left him about 5-6 car lengths behind by the time i hit 90. He wont even talk about it. Now he says....but its only a 4 cylinder...lol...well dont talk the smack if you cant handle the smack down. Love beating the imports.

Old 11-16-2001 | 11:32 AM
Red01LightninWV, Wow! You took him by 5 or 6 car lengths!!! After reading the write up on those WRX's, I thought it would be a closer race for L's. I'd still like to test drive one though. I think it would be a great winter car to have and leave the L at home...

whitetoast11, Good kill! I can relate with ya about those vans and such. Ain't it fun?

Old 11-16-2001 | 11:46 AM
Just watch out for the Dodge Caravans with the 2.2 or 2.5 turbo. I saw one run 10 sec E.T., no N2O, and yes, it was 4 cylinders.

I hate when people talk crap with 4 bangers and then use that as a cruch. I have a 4 banger that is fast in one of my cars, but an = built V8 will eat me alive, even if it is in a truck.

Last edited by Sidewalk; 11-16-2001 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2001 | 03:14 PM
Hey Silver 01...Dont get me wrong...he let me drive it and it feels great from standstill until 3rd gear..then its all the L from then on..when i keep pulling he's just hitting an invisible wall. But its like a 3000GTVR-4....you just dump the clutch and with the all wheel drive it launches great...but you can tell its the HP pulling instead of the torque Like the L has. I would love to have one as a winter car.

Old 11-16-2001 | 06:34 PM
|
my first car was a 91 voyager hand me down when i was 16, anyways, i remember when i used to race any car i'd see, , just cause it was fun,, and if the other guys didn't notice me or hear me revving my engine at the light, then that was their loss,, to me i won because of it,,, i'd compare it to missing the grean light at a drag strip ,, or a bad reaction time

anyways,, its fun to see people having fun in those old beat up cars out there. I know personally its a totlaly different story when your worried about breaking down a 2000 car as apposed to a 32000 dollar finely tuned racing machine

~toast

Old 11-16-2001 | 06:49 PM
wait until he gets into the mods for the WRX.......

Old 11-16-2001 | 11:24 PM
Raced a Trans Am about an hour ago. I was 1st at a 2 lane light. He was the 2nd vehicle in the opposing lane. I gave him a good rev and when the light turned green, I took off normally and kept my speed at about 55 (good speed to apply a hard throttle and down shift). He went around the car in front of him and gunned it. When he got to my back bumper I gunned it to. The timing was just right. By the time his front bumper was equal to mine, I was at WOT and I just left him in the smoke. I could not believe how hard I pulled him. Like he was stopped!!!! I have raced Lots of TA's but I guess the cold Florida weather is really helping out this power.

Quick Reply: dusted a firebird today :)