Lightning

i hate those how old are you polls! lets do who hates these old folks asking.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not enough cash to put gas in the Navigator led to the destruction of a BMW.... Did anyone else read it that way?

I always wonder when I see people charging gas or food on a regular Visa card.... I can see using a Debit card but charging gas or food and likely paying 18-20% interest... Wow...

Quick math shows paying $500 a month payment on 60,000 at 18% will cost you $50,000 in interest and take 11 years to pay off

$1000 a month payment and it will cost $40,000 in interest and take 7 years to payoff

$2000 a month takes 3.5 years and cost $20,000 + in interest...

Here is a link to a drving cost calculator I did about a year ago..
http://www.svtlightnings.com/xls/costcalc.htm

This is not meant as a shot....I am an old fogey with no trust fund.... I have been deep in debt and found I didnt like it.... Now I pay cash for most everything... Helps my attitude....

Doug

Old 11-20-2001, 10:27 AM
Who cares how old someone is or how they get a lightning? I thought we were all here to talk about lightnings, not try to downsize each other. I love this forum, but this fightning is getting silly.

Old 11-20-2001, 10:37 AM
I dont think too many people DID care

Until the original poster bragged about how he is 60 thousand dollars in debt but has a smashed M3 and a 50 thousand dollar Ford Expedition to show for it.

NeedFourSpeed: Good advice. Never let a woman know how much money you really have until you've seen what kind of lifestyle she is comfortable with and you've gotten to know her fairly well.

Old 11-20-2001, 10:52 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
I've read this from stem to stern and can only come up with one thing to say(believe it or not).

Kids perspectives these days are really scary.

So much energy wasted...

Old 11-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Wink

and nothing says "you've arrived", quite like a vehicle, with a "blue oval"

Old 11-20-2001, 11:20 AM
KGM
Arrow

2000 Silver...I think you should be the new Leader of the WHIPPERSNAPPERS. Your **** puts RT's **** to shame.

Old 11-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
No, Joe(RTKILLA) has class regardless of his age.

I think we need a new group created for this guy.

I'm thinking DADDYSNIFFER.

Anyone else?

Rich
Official Chaplain of the SNAPPERBANGERS

Last edited by TampaSVT; 11-20-2001 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:51 AM
Re: something to fall back on

Originally posted by 2000SilverNavigator
...But now she expects me to buy her things all the time or at least i feel like i have too...
I wonder why. I wouldn't even buy my girlfriend a M5 matchbox car!

No offense to you, but it's your kind of attitude why us younger folks get treated like that from older folks.

Old 11-20-2001, 12:00 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Yep.

COUPONCLIPPER...

Old 11-20-2001, 12:06 PM
KGM
Wink

Rich...I don't go to church, but think I might start.

Old 11-20-2001, 12:15 PM
Question

Franklinwaggler

Old 11-20-2001, 12:20 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
STRIPPERDIPPER.

Oh, wait. I'm keepin' that one....

Old 11-20-2001, 12:31 PM
and nothing says "you've arrived", quite like a vehicle, with a "blue oval"
Here, here MRBBQMAN!! That's funny. We can only hope that 2000SilverNavigator gets a big 'ol dose of reality one day. If you were my kid, I'd make sure you didn't get the company. No way, no how. It's destined for the scrap heap in your hands.

I've been to the brink, looked cautiously over the edge, and faught and clawed my way back to sanity and a pretty good life.

You'll learn young man, you'll learn!!

Old 11-20-2001, 12:43 PM
OK I don't feel so bad about my debt now. I thought 12K was bad at 20 years old, but I have allot to show for it I guess.

Old 11-20-2001, 12:52 PM
You had me quite confused. From the beginning of your post I thought you were gonna prove all those people who think you're spoiled wrong by saying how you've worked hard enough to be able to pay for everything you own outright. But basically you're just another debt addict rapidly spending himself into the poorhouse just so you can feel rich and live beyond your means while convincing yourself that some winfall will allow you to pay everything off and become debt free overnight. YOU did not earn anything you have. Just because your parents haven't bankrolled you doesn't mean you're a self-made man, you just got credit card companies to build your lifestyle instead. Funny how people nowadays confuse EARNING a nice lifestyle with FINANCING it. I would surely hate to be you if anything unexpected happens any time soon and you're no longer able to keep up with those bills.

A lifestyle built on credit is like a house of cards. Even a light breeze will blow the whole thing down. By the way, less you lump me in with those 'old guys', I am 21 years old, drive a 7 year old truck, and keep it at least another 3 while I save money so that I can enjoy life without feeling I owe anyone anything while letting my money sit and EARN interest instead of giving it to credit card companies to PAY interest. Sheesh, Id jump off a bridge if I were 60 large in debt. I currently have a balance of 400 dollars on 1 card, the other 2 are clear, and I dont even like having that 400 on there.
Excellent post on this topic. I totally agree with everything said by eharri3. I can't help but believe that 2000SilverNavigator is nothing but a spoiled brat. Has anyone heard the saying "Thou doth protest to much?" Instead of spending so much money on your flashy cars and flashy women, why don't you go spend some money on an education? By reading your posts, it sure looks like you are lacking in that department. Why not buy some punctuation in the meantime? By the way, I am not an ole fogey. I am 27 and I DON'T live off of Mommy and Daddy. Not trying to pick a fight but I hate listening to whiny rich kids.

Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: i hate those how old are you polls! lets do who hates these old folks asking.........