Lightning

Lightning Grill Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning Grill Muffler

Can anyone direct me to a selection of aftermarket grills? I think I like the mesh type chrome or stainless grill. And, what grills do you guys use? Pardon my ignorance please, I'm new to Fords in general but I love my L.

I''ve been driving 4X4 Chevys since 1989 and just made the switch to the L. I thought I'd never swich from Chevy until I drove the L. Nothing like having a hot-rod again!

Also, what mufflers are popular? I wish I could hear some L's with different types of mufflers. I have heard some Mustangs on the street that really sound sweet but I have no idea what they are running.

Thanks,

Chiken

Old 11-20-2001, 04:35 PM
Smile

WELL WELCOME TO THE LIGHTNING FAMILY I HAVE A BILLET UPPER AND LOWER ON MY L. I GOT IT OFF OF EBAY. THE EXAUST IM RUNNING IS A BASSANI HEDEER BACK COMPLETE SYSTEM WITH HI-FLOW CATS AND X OVER SYSTEM. YOU CAN GO TO BASSANI.COM AND ORDER A CATALOG OR CALL 1-714-630-1821 AND REQUEST A FREE CATALOG. BASSANI IS THE SAME EXAUST USED ON THE COBRA R OR THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. WELL IT SOUNDS AWESOME ON MY 2000 L.!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2001, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Do you have any pics of your truck? I would love to see the grille.

Old 11-20-2001, 04:42 PM
jc whitney has a good selection of grilles for your truck, plus the online store here if you go to the products section has billet grilles, many other manufacturers make them as well,,, i wish someone made a billet style with some type of lightning bolts on it though, i saw a jc whitney one with flames on it and figured it'd be pretty cool if it where just some lightning bolts instead. Has anybody out there got anything along those lines??

oh yeah,, streat scenes seems to be a popular grille for the L too
I've got lots of pics of different grilles on my computer right now cause i am shopping around for the right one too,,, i haven't tried to post any pics yet but when i do i'll post some here,, i know there are lots of other people on this board who can help too,, try doing a search, thats how i found most of my pics

~Toast

Last edited by whitetoast11; 11-20-2001 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Does anyone know if you have to remove the stock grill on our our trucks when installing a speed grill? (the mesh type). If you have to leave the origonal grill in place and put the speed grill over the factory one. Are there any cooling issue's with not allowing enough air to get to the radiator? Any help would be appreciated. Still trying to decide which one to get.

Quick Reply: Lightning Grill Muffler