Lightning

Some Tuners good, some bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001 | 08:16 PM
Red

Originally posted by Red01LightninWV
Hey Silver Bolt just for some info Im an ASE certified and Ford Master Technician that has left the Dealership business after 8 years...yeah i am as inexperienced as much as you are quick to run your mouth and jump on the bandwagon
Reread you post-----you got your analogies basackwards

Dan

Old 11-22-2001 | 08:24 PM
|
No Lightning Rod....i got it right...Ford Master.....certified in all Ford areas....missing two ASE certifications...climate control and the such that I didnt need for my purposes.

Old 11-22-2001 | 08:27 PM
Normally I make it a point to stay out of the mud slinging. But this was too much. I am sure that Mr. ASE checked all possible areas of problems before coming here slamming JL. Pins on ecu intact and not bent, same with wire harness plug. ECU was properly cleaned with no contact material removed. Chip was properly seated and secured. Chip was checked for any physical defects. After problem chip was tested for proper function (not dealer hearsay). What was Diablo's report on the chip? These are just a few things that may have added some creditbility to your post.

It's hard to understand out of the hundreds or thousands of chipped Lightnings on this and other boards yours is the only one that the chip "fried" the ecu. You also seem to the only lucky one to receive bad service from JL. Makes the rest of us wonder.

Old 11-22-2001 | 08:42 PM
|
ITs funny to get all these shadetree mechanics flamed. Maybe because they are not certified or something...even though certifications are worthless just a piece of paper. Anyways...I would not post this if i had not went over everything with a fine tooth comb in order to be certian. JEEZZZ....next time i will report if i wiped my but after using the bathroom before working on my truck...LOL. Just because i didnt want to type a friggin story I cut it straight to the point. People on here speak alot before they have any info or reason too.

Old 11-22-2001 | 08:47 PM
Your lack of info was the reason.

Old 11-22-2001 | 09:33 PM
I know that the good posts out number the bad a thousand to one but that doesnt mean that i shouldnt post it just because it makes people angry that "their" tuner is talked bad about one time. I'm just posting this to inform consumers about the aftermarket.
A few years back Disney did a study that said:

If a consumer has a GOOD experience, they will tell 3 people about that good experience.

If a consumer has a BAD experience, they will tell a minimum of 13 people.

I don't remember the part of that study where the people who were told of the bad experience actually came to the defense of the accussed

JL, I believe that you have somehow wasted millions of Disney $$$$$$$$.
I USED to think that study was correct. That just goes to show that rules ARE made to be broken.

Old 11-22-2001 | 11:00 PM
JEEZZZ....next time i will report if i wiped my but after using the bathroom before working on my truck...
Butt has 2 t's

Lightning specific tuner#4: www.lightningforceperformance.com

Old 11-23-2001 | 01:27 AM
|
I didnt know we had an english teacher on here. Typo, my fault. Maybe you can change your screen name to ANSVTBOY since that is proper english if you were to pronounce it. LOL

Old 11-23-2001 | 03:35 AM
Not trying to start anything here, but I'm a 17 year old punk who doesnt know a damn thing about the internal working of my L and i installed Jl's chip myself with no trouble whatsoever. In my opinion JL has some top notch customer service, I must have emailed him 15 times with stupid little questions that i know must have been annoying to him but he still responded very professionally.

i give thumbs up to JL

Old 11-23-2001 | 04:26 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyLightning
I would like to thank (everyone) even those who have not purchased any of my products! Seriously this has meant alot to me to hear this. This is just some of the things we as tuners have to go thru. Like i said before all you have to do is just ask and a FULL refund for your chip will be yours... i don't want you or anybody feel they have been ripped off. I can't build a (Good) buisness by doing something like that.. I plan on being in this buisness as long as i can. so you see i'll try my best to make my customers happy. Please send your chip back and i'll refund your money.. but i'm sure you'll find out the chip wasn't the problem. Have you ever checked the mass air sensor ? your 02 sensors?maybe this is why you get those codes.. JL

Johnny,

Not a problem!!!!! I enjoy doing it for you and Sue. And the same for Sal and Jim!!! I don't know how many times I have to say it....We are here for a common goal.....TO GO FAST!!!!

Some people just love to air their grieviences<----no spelling today!!! I think I will rename Thanksgiving to "Festivus"----Festivus for the restivus!!!(Seinfeld).

Johnny, just let me know if you need anything....you name it!!!!

Old 11-23-2001 | 10:22 AM
Threads like this dont get closed because they are negative against a Supporting Vendor, they get closed because they degrade into one member calling another names... Just like what has happened here.

I have heard rumors at the track from a number of sources about a recent spike in fried computers associated with Chips.. Since I hadnt read anything about it here I just stored the info away for later... This one post doesnt make that rumor true ... Mostly because there is obviously a misunderstanding or 2 in the facts in this post....

Since I am on Vacation I am NOT going to close the thread but I wanted to make sure folks like REDHOTL understood why threads get closed.

Doug

Old 11-23-2001 | 01:36 PM
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

Old 11-23-2001 | 02:48 PM
|
Dang I thought this wasnt gonna show up...Thought it was closed.

Old 11-23-2001 | 02:56 PM
Dang I thought this wasnt gonna show up...Thought it was closed.
I guess that's what you get for thinking!

Old 11-23-2001 | 05:30 PM
Cool

Red01,

I would take JL up on his offer. He is reaching out trying to meet you halfway. Your money back on the chip is better than a kick in the pants. You should have buddies if you worked at a dealership that could get you PCM at cost. This would be quite a savings.

Johnny, I guess it was your turn. Jim and Sal have been through this so the odds were against you. I guess this shows none of the tuners are bullitproof no matter how good their customer service is. I have to say Johnny told me when his shipment of pulleys were coming in and shipped it overnight to get it to me. I received in time to install it and go to the track the next day. He is a standup guy just like Kyle said.

Quick Reply: Some Tuners good, some bad