Lightning

Some Tuners good, some bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001 | 08:50 PM
gotta say something

I just feel like I gotta say something here to show my support. JL has been a great tuner for me and has given me advise when I needed it and I want to thank him once again. I would not hold him or anyone else responsable for my actions though because I am a man and I can take care of myself.
Thanks JL

Old 11-23-2001 | 09:54 PM
PFA
Red face

Originally posted by Silver-Bolt
It's hard to understand out of the hundreds or thousands of chipped Lightnings on this and other boards yours is the only one that the chip "fried" the ecu.
I hate to jump into this.. ....but there has been at least one other that has mentioned that his computer was fried. I'm sure there have been others too. I for one, have not had any "bad" dealings with JL and Sue, or any others for that matter. There have been some "testy" feelings there for some, but that will remain offline for when "I" choose.
Good Luck

Old 11-24-2001 | 01:28 AM

This thread has gone on for a while so why shouldn't I jump in. For off, I haven't bought squat from JL, JDM, LFP,PSP, NBC,CBS, ASPCA, or the Illuminati. Can't afford to yet. When I DO buy my chip and my L bursts into flames, and I did what I was supposed to do, then I certainly hope that whatever vendor I go with will make my situation right or I will also lets the hounds of hell loose on him. BUT if I do something wrong and my L turns into a smelly puddle of poop, then I will eat that puddle of kaka. I never could blame anyone for my mistakes or stupidity. My time is coming. If I based my chip purchase on which ones got burned on one of these forums then I don't think I'd buy one 'cause everybody has been burned one time or another. Life is a bitc# and so is dying. Red01, sorry you had a problem. Hope you get it straight.
Now let's end it- unless you and JL can find some way to reach an understanding and both be satisfied. I'd like for everybody to be happy.

Old 11-24-2001 | 01:41 AM
Red01LightninWV

Just bend over and take it like a good boy. Shi^ happens. Get over it and quit cluttering up this board with your childish whining.

Old 11-24-2001 | 03:15 AM
When you mod your truck or ANY vehicle for that matter YOU take risks.

If you put a blower on your new mustang and a rod breaks. Are you going to whine and cry to vortech or procharger or whoever companys charger you installed?

JL is so nice as to even offer you a refund. I dont know anybody performance shop wise..that will refund a chip or any electronic performance shop.

Old 11-24-2001 | 04:53 PM
I don't have one JL product on my truck, but based on what I have read here over the last two years I bet you changed this story to make JL look bad! Did his chip do the damage.....how could any of us know? Did JL try to screw you.... I doubt it very much!

Jerry

Old 11-24-2001 | 07:33 PM
my 2 pennies

Ok, Ok, two sides to everystory... Ok, Ok, many good comments to back up JL. I don't think anyone quite picked up on the original poster's comments such as "the drive over there might be worth it", or " there are reason's buisness goes smooth when we're face to face, but I won't discuss them. " Sounds to me like tempers flared and your mouth wrote a check your *** isn't gonna cash. Dude, if i were in your shoes, I would be bull**** too. And I admit, I have been known to have a bad temper. But sounds to me like you tried using what i call the bully technique, which people try using when they come into my shop sometimes. People don't intimmidate me, no matter what they say, or how mad they are...... and when they pull this, I certainly am turned off right away and won't do squat for them. I kinda get the feeling JL is the same way. He has posted that he works with his customers to try to make it right, if he didn't he knows he would loose buisness to he competition. You must understand you are on the underdog end when it comes to mods, whether with the vendor , or with ford. You must approach the situation with an attitude that is appreciated by the person you are in dispute with , or you will automatically be on the loosing end. I don't know JL, don't have his, or any other aftermarket performance mods, and don't plan to untill my warrenty is over. I figure if my truck doesn't blow by then, than chances are the mods caused it. Hate to sayt it bro, but I would say you probably got hot and ran your mouth a little too much, which may have thrown communications out the door. I've been there and done that, and lost out many of times because of it. I learned the hard way and have changed my ways. Your first few posts throw up a red flag immediately, i think the other board members saw the same. Good luck.

Old 11-24-2001 | 07:47 PM
Temper, temper....... look before you leap.

Quick Reply: Some Tuners good, some bad