Lightning

Got L back from dealer and now......

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Got L back from dealer and now......

I just got my 2000 L back from the dealer after they put in the new cooler and now it is sucking vaccum. Not just a little but alot. This is happening at idle. And when you punch it, it is real jerky now. Anybody have any idea what they might have done wrong? Any help would be great because the dealer seems to be clueless. Thanks guys.

Old 11-23-2001, 08:37 PM
You will have vacuum at idle. I would give the engine a once over and make sure that everything under the hood is reconnected. Drive it for awhile and see if the surgeing stops. If it does not I'm sure you will get a code. Obvisiousily if it's not better in the next 2 days I would take it back to Ford Monday.

Old 11-23-2001, 08:41 PM
I agree. They may have disconnected the battery which will erase the EECs memory and could cause it to run a little rough for a day or two until it "re-learns".

I wouldn't get worried just yet!

Old 11-23-2001, 08:45 PM
Question

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "sucking vacuum", but if you mean that there is a vacuum leak, then it should be fairly easy to find. They probably just left one of the many vacuum lines/hoses unhooked. Check for a large one (black and red?) at the base of the intake/intercooler plate on the driver side of the engine. Also check the numerous ones on the upper elbow (the part that the throttle body bolts to and then turns down onto the top of the supercharger). Also, there are several solenoids and such on the driver side of the supercharger (boost dump solenoid, etc). also there are three lines plugged into the bottom of your rubber intake elbow/tube (the part that connects the MAF to the throttle body) check them as well.

hope this helps, good luck.

later,
chris

Old 11-23-2001, 11:00 PM
When I had my intercooler done same thing happened. THe truck was real jerky. One hour later check engine light came on. Went back to dealer. One hose was off on the bottom of the rubber boot. then they cleared the code so far everything alright hope this helps. Bob.

Quick Reply: Got L back from dealer and now......