Lightning

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up XM Radio

I am considering upgrading the radio in my L to XM Satellite Radio Service. The price quoted to me at my local circuit city store was $409.00, including the head unit, contol panel, antenna, taxes and installation. The unit I am looking at is the RF model, which allows me to keep the factory radio unit. Has anyone gotten one of these setups put in their truck? If so, how do you like it? How much did you pay? My main area of concern is the antenna, specifically if it interferes with washing and waxing my truck.

Old 11-23-2001, 10:33 PM
I've been reading about this , but haven't noticed a unit on display yet . where would the antena mount ? great concept I HATE all the adds and talk on the radio ! just shut-up and jam!

Old 11-23-2001, 10:43 PM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
Buy, Buy, Buy i own stock in XM!!!

Old 11-24-2001, 12:57 PM
Lightbulb

I have been seriously considering XM radio also. I will probably go with the direct connect (non FM) version for better quality (true digital vs FM signal).
My main concern is the antenna also. I think I have it figured out. I will probably have a custom bracket made for the antenna and mount it on the front of the bed. The bracket would screw into the bed, and then go up over the lip and face towards the back of the bed, then I'd mount the antenna on top of that and run the wire through the small black cutouts already on the back of the cab. The bracket would basically be "L" shaped, just rotate the "L" 90 degrees clockwise.
I don't want some antenna stuck to the roof of the truck. I also am looking at the glass mounted ines to eliminate all the hassle. I am going to check some local stereo places in the next few weeks and see what kind of pricing and installation they can do. I am going to replace the stock HU and speakers at the same time.

Quick Reply: XM Radio