Lightning

New 2001 L Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2001 L Owner

Ok, it is done.

I now own a 2001 L, Oxford White. Decided on a 2001 instead of a 2002 because I couldn't find anone who would go x-plan on the 2002. Also 0% financing was available on 2001's.

Two amusing stories:
1. As I pull out of the dealership in the L on my way home, at the very first stoplight and I mean the very first stoplight less than 50' from the dealership, a guy in an older F150 is looking me over and revving his engine. Is this going to be a daily occurance...lol?

2. A few days later, I am driving in the country on the freeway to my grandparents for a visit and I was running late. I came to a nice open streatch, and on a whim decided to open it up a little. I got to 120 mph very quickly held it for a moment or two, and idled down to 100 mph or so. At the top of the hill hiding behind some trees, I saw a highway patrollman parked looking for speeders. My cursed luck!!! He turned his partol lights on and began turning onto the freeway before I even passed him. Since I knew I was nailed big time, I immediately pulled off the road as an immediate admission of guilt. As he came up to the truck, I knew not to play dumb, and apologized to him for my stupidity for going too fast. Told him I was late to my grandmothers and that it was a lousy excuse for going fast. Well, he went to his patrol car to do a background check on my lisence as is standard practice. When he came back, the first thing he said was..."How long has Ford been making these trucks?..." As soon as he said that I thought, "HOLY CRAP, am I going to get a warning ticket?". Well, as luck would have it, I got a warning ticket, and on the ticket the infraction was listed as "speed in excess of 65 mph"...lol. Moral to this story:

Just because you have it, doesn't mean you necessarily have to use it!!!

Anyway, thoug I would share this with you.
Bring on the MODS!!!
GDG

Old 11-23-2001, 10:49 PM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
Welcome and congrats. answer to question 1: yes. on number 2 you were lucky.

Old 11-24-2001, 11:54 AM
I rarely ever get anyone throwing revs at me. Nowhere near like when I had some of my fast cars. My favorite is when you smoke somebody off the stoplight in their Nissan Maxima or*insert unsuspecting yuppie car here*<--------- The look on their face is often priceless

Old 11-24-2001, 03:54 PM
Congratuations and you were very lucky.
Drive safe and enjoy.
George S. NLOC #542

Quick Reply: New 2001 L Owner