Lightning

what mods should come first??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:01 PM
|
Talking what mods should come first??????

what mods come first besides exaust cause i already have that? and what companies are the best????
mike

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:05 PM
Old 11-25-2001 | 11:06 PM
Definately Chip, Air Intake kit and Pulley..........best three mods for the L..........All 3 tuners (JL,JDM,PSP,) sell variations of chips, intake kits and pulleys...........you be the judge......they all seem to do the job well.......................Keith

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:07 PM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
MODS:
Pulley
Chip
Filter

Don't ask what kind is best because you will start a war. Everyone has their own different opinions on what they like it is up to YOU!!!

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:07 PM
If I were you the next mod would be a chip/filter

There will be a lot of different opinions on who to deal with.
JDM, Johnny Lightning, or PSP they are all good. Call each of them and make your own decision on who you like the best.

I went with JDM, but they all have good products, and perform faily equal

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:19 PM
Since you live in California, you could contact Danny Swanson. His shop is in Torrance.

Spike

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:22 PM
I'd suggest a chip/filter/breather cap combo also from either 3 tuners. This will give you noticable power increase and you will have a huge on your face. When that smile wears off and you've learned how to handle the extra power, and you want more get a pulley and the will return.

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:30 PM
|
Red face breather cap

where do i find a breather cap and what does that do performance wise? and what prgram chip would u guys recomend? the single or the dual with the race/street?

Old 11-26-2001 | 12:26 PM
I got all my stuff from JDM, including breather.

Breather cap helps release some pressure in the engine and keeps oil of the T/B area. It's only good for few horsepower, but it looks really nice in the engine. If you put in a breather cap you need to have a chip burnt for it or esle it engine lights will come on, so it's great to get when you buy a chip, plus it's not that $$$.

As for chips it depends what you want. If you just drive around on the street a single program might be better. A flip chip lets you get 2 programs, or Sals 4-way you can get 4 programs. And theres alot of combinations so it's more of what chip would suit your needs.

Street
Street/race
warm/cool weather
street/towing
street/nitrous
street/not you driving mode
stock/street/race/towing
etc./etc.
?/?

just a few combo's

Old 11-26-2001 | 01:44 PM
As you can see, the first three mods every Lightning owner should do have been quite clearly listed above by each and every person. However, after you've done at least those, you might also want to consider doing the keyless entry mod (and fog light mod too now that I think about it). Though neither will give you any HP or make you go faster in any way whatsoever, the keypad mod is probably one of the best things I've done to my L in terms of convenience,and the look of just the fogs on (with the running lights) is pretty trick too. There are some in depth posts on how to do both, but to give you an idea, the keypad mod will run you probably $150 or so best I remember and should take you an hour or two. Even better is that the foglight mod is absolutely FREE and will take you even less time!

Just some things to think about.

Good Luck.

Later...

GK

Old 11-26-2001 | 02:54 PM
1. Ditch the crappy stock stereo.
2. Lower the suspension.
3. Brakes.
4. Enjoy the fact that you still have an engine warranty

Old 11-26-2001 | 03:30 PM
rscoleman - very good idea, part of me wishes I did only those mods. But as things show it, lowering the vehicle would void the suspension warrenty, plus the difference in driveline angle would cause vibration in the drivetrain which in turn is responsible for the blown engine/spark plug, therefore we are voiding your powertrain warrenty, that would be next.

MXRacer - if were not talking about power improvement mods, then I change my list:
1. bedrug
2. wet okoles
3. keypad mod

Old 11-26-2001 | 04:19 PM

Quick Reply: what mods should come first??????