Lightning

Detroit Muscle is Dead???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001 | 02:22 PM
had to post this, my best friends response to reading the ariticle:
But how he can compare the ride and performance fo the f bodies to a little tricked out rice rocket.. I don't know. Granted, a worked civic may be pretty quick, and may handle well.. but most cars at the level of the GT and up would kill it with little to no work done. And what the hell was he talking about, adding 50hp to the f bodies took extensive work?!?! WTF is he smoking? You can use the same types of chips the rice cars use to do the same exact thing in them! Not to mention that
with a ram air intake, or the a supercharger (which he did mention for the imports) your "outdated" f body would devour almost any tuned import car out there, save for the exotics and the imports with insane amounts of $$ thrown at them. Man, what a buffon. I can't believe that article even got written.
Bottom line is, these kids see a car for $15k and think it's cheap.. which it is, and then proceed to throw all their money at it for the next few years (well, maybe not THEIR money, but their parents money at the least). By the time they are doen they have a car that cost them 20k+ and performs somewhat decent. It's all a mind set they have, they NEED the car now, and then they can work on it as they make money. SO instead of SAVING all the money they were making and buying a car that was geared towards performance, they blow their wad on a cheapo car that they can then attempt to make into something with enough power to brag about. Unfortunaly.. if I were to pick any average car from the streetrod days and compete it against the average
car from the tuner set now.. the old street cars would absolutly humiliate the tuner cars in every aspect save handling. But with todays modern muscle cars, you can get the hanlding as well... it's all a matter of saving enough money to buy a base car that's worth it.
MiamiWhiteSVT-L - your right that it's the import craze that helped kill the F-body.

Forgot to add a wise bumber sticker:

Technology is not a replacement for discplacement!

Last edited by captainoblivious; 12-03-2001 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Detroit Muscle is Dead???