Lightning

Defi gauges finally installed / tapped intake for water temp.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001 | 09:40 PM
|
Thumbs up Defi gauges finally installed / tapped intake for water temp.

After much debate as to where to put the sensor for the water temp I decided to tap the intake just near injector # 1. (sensor pics below). I was originally going to install it in the heater hose, then i decided on the block near the oil filter, then after much thought and input from some people on this board I decided to install the sender in the intake manifold. (Thanks Sal!!!).

The install of the sender requires the following :

1. drain the intercooler and the radiator.
2. disconnect the ic hoses from the intercooler pipes and move aside.
3. unbolt the ic pipes from the manifold and move aside.

This allows a straight shot for the drill and tap. The metal was very thin like i was told and the whole proccess of drilling and tapping took only a few minutes. The gauges are totally installed and they are every thing I had hoped for, after reving the motor a tad in the garage I had the gauges display the peak hold function they have

The damm will make 6psi free reving lol.

They also do a test when you turn the ignition on, all three gauges do a full sweep in unison then click off at every hash mark on the way back while flashing there peak lights and warning lights. Its like there almost dancing its really mesmorizing to say the least. Its so cool I am gonna take an mpeg of the start up test and post tommorro night I hope.

Another neat feature of the gauges is that the control unit and each gauge has a micro procceser in them. If you have have a sensor faluire or a wiring problem the gauges will flash and tell you whats wrong.

They also match the stock gauges very well but in a different way, its hard to explain but i will have night pics up by tommorro I hope.

Anyway its the best mod to date IMHO.

Bob

PSP chip and pulley up next @ 1000 miles (about a month), bucket seat conversion parts on the way!!!!

Old 12-02-2001 | 09:41 PM
|
one more

Old 12-02-2001 | 09:43 PM
|
one more

>>>

Quick Reply: Defi gauges finally installed / tapped intake for water temp.