Lightning

What do you guys think of these 22's???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001 | 01:25 AM
I think 20" bright shiny chrome wheels look great if you are planning on a drive-by on the crack dealer who has been working your block and stealing your customers.

But if you want your truck to handle like it is designed to, I would stick with the 18" stock wheels.

Old 12-07-2001 | 02:03 AM
I guess I am just ghetto than for wanting some 23 inchers. oh well, I think they look awesome, and to me, looks is more important than handling and performance.

Old 12-07-2001 | 08:42 AM
MiamiWhiteSVT-L,

I don't think they can get much better looking-go get'm and post the pic's. Better yet, let me know where you live and I can check'm out in person.
I live in the N. Grove

Old 12-07-2001 | 09:06 AM
Chipper,
Not to get off the beaten path,but GREAT BASSETTS!!!! I have a 2 yr. old Female bassett, red and white (no black) named Bailey. Are those Mom and pup or just a new pup to be a companion to the older pup???

Old 12-07-2001 | 09:11 AM
Thanks HTRDPUP! No, no mother and son there. You guessed it though. Younger fella to keep the other fella company while we're at work. We love them both and just looove bassets! Got any pics of Bailey?
This is cool, another Ford / Basset owner. Shweet!

Old 12-07-2001 | 11:32 AM
Why do big rims have to be linked with Drugs?? Thats kind of Shi$$y thing to say and it really pisses me off, I have had Big Rims on alot of my vehicles and I work hard to put them on there. You can make anything handle better by going with a bigger rim and smaller tire. True you will loose some ride doing that, and for drag racing that wouldnt be the way to go. In fact if memory serves me right alot of the trucks with the big rims are some of the faster ones out there, not the fastest, but faster....

Old 12-07-2001 | 12:49 PM
If you wanna see what those wheels really look like on an L...

I'm sure HDMLNIUM will have bought, mounted, run, spun, and sold both of those sets of wheels by the springtime at the rate he's been going! He goes through wheels faster than I go through tires...and thats fast.

Actually, he's probably just waiting for those 26's that were posted a few weeks ago to go into produciton (jk).

Gotta admit though, those 23" Altera's are TRICK.

Later...

GK

Old 12-07-2001 | 05:26 PM
Wink

Drugs and drive by's huh? I don't know about that, sure a lot of them type of people have big wheels and nice vehicles but I'm sure they have things that a lot of people have too besides just big wheels. I can tell you that my truck handled much better with the 22's on it then it did with the 18's. And as far as it being not good for quickness, I have run three 12.0 runs in the 1/4 mile on the 22's with 30 series tires.
I really like the 23 as well, I think they look sweet. Maybe I will bring MLNIUM out in the spring with a set of them gang banging wheels on for my first drive by of the year....

Bill

Old 12-07-2001 | 11:40 PM
I wanna do a drive by too!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of these 22's???