Lightning

Feel Bad for smoking a Silver L yesterday :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Feel Bad for smoking a Silver L yesterday :(

Hey, dont know if the guy in Columbus, Ohio is a regular visitor to this site....but just wanted to say sorry in advance!
Was coming back from getting my roll cage welded in my 95 Mustang while i came up on a Silver L that started messing with an old Buick GNX. The Guy and his girlfriend/wife were trying to start a race with the young kid in the GNX...and at the next light they were off....the L pulled him about 2 or 3 car lengths by about 60-65 i would say...then they came upto the next light down the road...same thing happened again...and again the L spanked him silly. By this time I had managed to get up behind the L at the next light. I gave a romp on my throttle to get his attention, and i saw him looking in the rear view mirror... its hard to miss the sound of a Vortech'ed 5.0 with off-road h-pipe long tube headers, and 2 chamber Flowmasters with turndowns...LOL. Anyways....the GNX guns his car about 2 seconds before the light turns green and gets a head start on the L by about 1 1/2 car lengths, but the L soon makes up ground and starts by him. I on the other hand See a long turning lane up ahead and just as the L is passing the GNX, I whip over to the left and blow past the L and the GNX and cut back in front in time to make a safe stop at the light down the road a ways. LOL...I pulled over to the far right lane and stop at this light and the Silver L wont even pull up beside me....i can see his girlfriend/wife ranting and raving...lol...and the GNX guy was laughing his *** off too!
I just couldnt refuse doing that. I do it all the time...but I choose my battles wisely...never bite off more than i can chew. Ever since i got my clock cleaned by an old Red tubbed out Vega!!!
Anyways...being an L owner myself i am sorry for that guy in the silver L...knowing that I shouldn't have embarrassed him infront of that General Motors heathern.

Last edited by Blown95Stang; 12-07-2001 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:15 AM
Your a bad boy.

Old 12-07-2001, 08:36 AM
Go and clean up MRBBQMAN's yard and then pick up after Spike Engineering's two 'children' and you will be absolved(?) or somethin'

Dan

Old 12-07-2001, 01:30 PM
Dang, I was feelin pretty good until I read that. I didn't know a mushtang could run like that. I just hope you was dreamin or something. Anyway, that just hurts my itty bitty feelins. BTW, this is a Lightning forum, be nice to us............... We wouldn't have beat up on a fellow ford owner now would we??? .........................LOL...................... Phatford

Old 12-07-2001, 01:37 PM
Figuers!!!! No wonder you won!!! Try racing a red Lightnind and see what happens!!!

Old 12-07-2001, 02:29 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
L'Rod,

My thoughts exactly, that combo is SCARY.

Dobie, Ridgeback, and Whippet.

Would that make said morsel BBQ Engineered... or something?

Old 12-07-2001, 02:45 PM
Sounds like this one.............

Is this the guy? Sounds similar.
http://www.nloc.org/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000777.html

Last edited by Black Bomber; 12-07-2001 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:01 PM
Hey 11secL....I do have a 01 Red L . And I love my truck more and more every day...since it is my daily driver now But if your ever in the Columbus area and see a black 95 Gt that is as loud as one of Richard Simmons shirts...give me a rev to let me know your ready Although i cant get out of the hole as good as my friend that I let drive my Stang...I do get by. He can run high 6.90's to low 7.0's in my car at around 101 in the 1/8 mile....which is roughly equivalent to 11.0 flat or so in the 1/4. well could be the fact that he doesnt work out and wieghts like 150 or something vs. my 240 ...lol. Less Weight= Lower ET's.
I was not trying to flame anyone on here since I am an L owner too. This is the best damn truck that is made on the planet...fast as hell too for a truck or car. I can remember back in the early 90's when i was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY. when i was smoked by a Syclone in my bone stock 90 GT....every since then I wanted a fast truck...just not a Chevy. Anyways....Im not on here to say by any means that my Stang is faster than anyones truck or car....we all know that there is always someone faster. Heck...there is a Civic around here that some guy has sunk like $20,000 into and it runs 10.60's in the 1/4. Jeez...there is no way im going to even pull up beside him on the road be it a Ricer or not !
Like I said earlier....I hate to lose...if i know im not going to win..im not going to run... L)
But, I would like to be spanked by an L in my car...just as long as i can see what mods he has done after.....so I know what to put on my L.

Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 PM
Nope!

Hey Black Bomber....FYI....I was in Columbus Ohio..not Florida...and dont run NOS with my Vortech. And I think that "kill story" didnt even mention a GNX.

Old 12-07-2001, 03:17 PM
Hey Speeding Bob ???? for You.

Hey Speeding Bob...Im fairly new to this board and just dont get your quote. " Dobie, Ridgeback, and Whippet " What the heck is that? Sorry, I just dont know what ya mean. Dont know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult. LOL Or is it a reference to my motor combo...that is tried and true on more mustangs than the number of L's that Ford has ever produced?
Anyways...please clear up your "Regional Slang" so that I may take full pleasure in your response. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2001, 06:01 PM
????

I believe you.........but I wouldn't believe too many guys telling a story like that.

"After I passed the L and the GNX like they were standing still, I went ahead and announced over the PA", "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen", " This is the captain speaking, if you look out of the left hand side of the plane, you'll see the two limited production , modern muscle machines I just "SMOKED", and we'll be cruizing a 30,000 ft, and enjoy flying BULL***** airlines."

I do believe you, but you have a "Roll bar" now, and probably need a freakin parachute as well. Nice kill, but I'm sure you don' t really ever come across too much competition on the streets.

Old 12-07-2001, 06:37 PM
ok ok, you got one of the L's. But 7.26 in the 1/8? You gota come alot stronger than that for my bud's GNX!!!!! LOL That kid must have been stock, I had one with very little mods running mid 11's!!!!

Old 12-07-2001, 11:39 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Blown,

my post was in reference to LightninRod's mention of a couple of 'pets' fellow old school members have protecting/lurking about their respective propertiesand intended to elicit a response fro said members.

Old 12-08-2001, 03:48 AM
Hey ICU

ICULOKN...Didnt you read all my post? I didnt claim to be the fastest mustang out on the streets...just faster than many. And last time i checked 11.0's are faster than 11.5's your "buddys" GNX runs. Like I said earlier i cant drive it as fast as my friend can...cause i cant stop spinning until the begining of 3rd gear....with my crappy 28 X 10 slicks and Mega Bite Control arms at the track. Course that can be because of the track we run at.
It seems to hook fairly well on the BFG drag radials on the street. As good as a radial tire can with around 453 rwhp. I dont seem to mind it though...spining sideways through the first three gears is fun while your passing someone that is hooked up...LOL. Most people are like....jeez....glad your tires werent planted or your would have embarrassed me even more....LOL
And also, i dont remeber saying that i was finished with my mods on my Stang....I need to find some way of planting this beast before i add the 125 hp shot of Juice for the track this summer....Hoping to get it down from my friends best of 6.97 down to the high 6.60's or so. Gotta get my baby running right before i start on my mods on my " Work Truck" I love this L....its sooooo quiet that i cant get over it....sounds like a Mercedes inside compared to the resonance of my Stang. All you hear is the whistle when you want too.
But I see where alot of you guys are coming from....I wont post anymore kills of L's that i run across. Since we are all in the same " Ford Family" . I dont talk bad about any cars....because I am a car enthusiast...be it GM, Dodge...or whatever...well i do talk bad about he Ricers....but thats another story. And for some of the guys on here I guess I will have to start having my girlfriend follow me around with a video camera in her Trans Am to film my "kills"....guess thats what some need....since seeing is believing. But I dont know if I want Street races of me running all over the internet....could be some legal ramifications? Just my thinking.

I just posted this story to give some people a thrill to read...but some jealous people like to stand back and try to shoot holes through everyone else's story's...maybe thats what you do for kicks... but I refrain from that sort of thing. I will never doubt anyones "kill" just because i dont like the outcome of the race...LOL.....How childish...but i know that many on here are just overgrown children...like me....but i have manners.

Old 12-08-2001, 08:58 AM
I believe.........I believe, you just have to understand, you take on one "L" or "GNX" you take on them all, modded or not. I think most L's on this board would rather lose to you than to watch a mpeg of you smokin someone else, I know I have always felt that way.

Quick Reply: Feel Bad for smoking a Silver L yesterday :(