Lightning

PSP Chip and pully installed... (buy stock in goodyear)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001 | 01:24 AM
|
PSP Chip and pully installed... (buy stock in goodyear)

Good lord

This thing is a beast, the boost gauge now shows a peak hold of 13 psi on the dot The boost hits hard and fast and the top end is steller to say the least, I think it will go an easy low 8 in the 1/8 mile and probably into the 7's on the race side of the chip.

The install was a piece of cake and the only trouble we had at all was getting the belt back on it but with a couple of hands we got it. The truck shifts nice and firm but not harsh, near perfect IMHO. The other pain in the *** was the bracket for the ECU, I ended up removing the bracket and bending the tabs over on the bench instead of fighting with it under the dash.

I am very pleased with the truck as it sits with the pulley - chip - intake - and exhaust so I am basically done with my mods for now. I will be doing the bucket seat conversion with the expedition console I got today also along with some other stuff when I take some much needed vacation the week after next.

Kudo's to Sal and PSP for the great products.

Bob

Old 12-08-2001 | 10:56 AM
Thanks Bob, glad to be of service to you .

Old 12-08-2001 | 07:31 PM
|
Thanks Sal,

I am very pleased with the setup I have, I will be doing some more minor stuff in the near future. Are you going to SBSO, I now I am going for sure. Do you know what FFW class we can run???

Bob

Old 12-08-2001 | 08:32 PM
Re: PSP Chip and pully installed... (buy stock in goodyear)

Originally posted by Bob Tompkins
Good lord

I am very pleased with the truck as it sits with the pulley - chip - intake - and exhaust so I am basically done with my mods for now.

Bob
LOL

Bob I thought the same thing when I put my chip and filter on, I said wow this is fast. I was real happy running low 13's, then the pulleys came out, so I said I will try one of them. I then went to the track and ran 12.92 I was pumped.

Ok I said I am happy with that time, no more mods.

That didn't last long, a few weeks later a line mod, and a chip reburn. Went to the track and ran a little faster, right then I knew I was in trouble.

Then I went to Fords at Englishtown, put a upper pulley and ran a little faster. I also saw JIM, Sal, and JL running in the 11's
Oh No I said, I would love to run like that.

I finally got my times down to 12.45 and said dam I am not far away from running in the 11's

Now that winter is here and the local tracks are all closed, I am saying what can I do to get it into the 11's so this winter I will be getting some slicks, torque converter, and long tube headers, and maybee a few more mods.

Once you start seeing your times fall, you will be in big trouble. I never even drag raced before I got this truck. Now I have been bitten by this bug, and I don't know how to stop it.

Someone Help Me, Please LOL

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 12-08-2001 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: PSP Chip and pully installed... (buy stock in goodyear)