Lightning

Boost By Pass

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001 | 06:32 PM
|
Question Boost By Pass

Has anybody got some pics of a Diablo Boost By Pass Kit installed. I got one today with NO instructions and I'm having trouble installing it. Please help!

Old 12-12-2001 | 06:38 PM
Chikenears,

Didn't realize that DiabloSport made a boost bypass kit but if it's anything like JDM's it's a pretty simple install. Drop me your number at dandkmcguire@home.com and I'll give you a shout.

Dan

Old 12-12-2001 | 06:59 PM
Why pay money when you can get the exact same effect for free and with two seconds of work?! Try searching about Boost Dump.

Old 12-12-2001 | 08:13 PM
|
Thumbs up I've got it

Thanks Struck in AZ and Lightning Boy. The boost by pass WAS JDM, I'm sorry Struck, and, Lighting Boy, I did a search and found what I needed.

Thanks Guys!

Old 12-12-2001 | 09:17 PM
I just personally find it stupid to pay $15, $20, $25, or how ever much it is to keep the computer from going into fail safe and dumping the boost. The JDM kit just takes the boost dump silinoid out of the vacume system so it wont affect the boost even though the computer tries. It boggles my mind to even think about how many people have bought this kit... Anyone who takes time and thinks about it would have figured it out, and not have been stupid enough to buy a kit. But then again: if you dont know and dont know to ask, how can you know?

Old 12-12-2001 | 09:55 PM
Question What????

But then again: if you dont know and dont know to ask, how can you know?
What he said

---Joe

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Boy
I just personally find it stupid to pay $15, $20, $25, or how ever much it is to keep the computer from going into fail safe and dumping the boost.
If you happen to have that dump disconnected and you say happen to hit the rev-limiter will you still dump or bypass boost?

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:24 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning

If you happen to have that dump disconnected and you say happen to hit the rev-limiter will you still dump or bypass boost?
By disconnecting the boost dump silinoid from the computer, it can not be activated to dump the boost. The JDM kit just takes the boost dump silinoid out of the vacume system, so that when the computer activates it, the silinoid will not change to vacume to the waist gate causeing it to open and dump the boost.

So to answer your question: No.

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Boy
I just personally find it stupid to pay $15, $20, $25, or how ever much it is to keep the computer from going into fail safe and dumping the boost. The JDM kit just takes the boost dump silinoid out of the vacume system so it wont affect the boost even though the computer tries. It boggles my mind to even think about how many people have bought this kit... Anyone who takes time and thinks about it would have figured it out, and not have been stupid enough to buy a kit. But then again: if you dont know and dont know to ask, how can you know?
Hey, Lightning Boy. You are one smart guy. But what else do you know?

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:29 PM
hmmmm

If your not sure what you know then how did you find out that you didn't know?
Mine has been unplugged for months now. Works for me.

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:31 PM
Funny part is, im only 16 and a Junior in high school. When I run across something I dont know, I go an find out. I have spent countless hours learning from Sal and thinking about things and how they work; that is on the Lightnings at least. When I take an interest to something, I try to know as much as I can about it.

Old 12-12-2001 | 10:34 PM
cool

LB, your doing a great job just keep it up.

Old 12-12-2001 | 11:09 PM
|
Cool

LightningBoy,

Thanks, I don't give a $h!T what anybody else says. They're just having fun with you. You're OK in my book and there's too.

Chiken

Old 12-12-2001 | 11:16 PM
KGM
Driving Without Wyldman

LB...How's your dad? Don't hear from him much anymore. Does he let you take the truck out by yourself? You seem like a responsible young man but I just don't think I could do it.

Old 12-12-2001 | 11:58 PM
Dad had just gotten through his back problems when we got the Lightning. Through makeing it faster and haveing killer launches it has hurt his back some. But he enjoys it and will suffer through it. Now he has been really busy running a speed shop and has almost no free time any more. He will occasionally get on the forums and read, but other than that he has no clue what is going on. I told him about the 2002 changes and he had no clue. When the truck isn't in one of the shops for one reason or another, I do get to drive it alittle. Though it is fun driveing around a 500HP truck .

I know they mess with me some times. And some times I mess with them as well. Though im not always as obvious .

Last edited by Lightning Boy; 12-13-2001 at 12:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Boost By Pass