Lightning

Who leaves the dealership sticker on their truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001 | 09:49 PM
When I ordered my truck, I had them put no dealer sticker, and no front bracket in the agreement.

When the truck came in I was there and grabbed the front licence plate bracket so they couldn't put it on.

Old 12-13-2001 | 09:51 PM
Used my plate frame as a window scraper!!!LOL

Old 12-13-2001 | 10:09 PM
Smile

I was lucky enough to have a dealer that has pretty tight rules with their SVT division. The only thing they do is take it off the trailer park it and wait for you to O.K. the truck. They won't even put gas in it, they follow you to their pumps and have you do it.

Old 12-14-2001 | 02:27 AM
All of the SVT dealers that I've been to in the Cincinnati, OH area skip the stickers on SVT vehicles. I bought my Cobra and L at different dealerships and neither one put a sticker on it. They did have the plate bracket on both though, but they are easy to remove.

Later,
Roger

Old 12-14-2001 | 06:02 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Man. Some of the dealsers up here put their crapy emblems underneath the F150 emblems. That doesn't get my skin curled up. What gets of curled is the fact that they charge $300 for dealer prep! And they get it!!!

I didnt order mine (yeah it was waiting for me, 8 miles old too), so I have to live with the two little holes in the bumper, and I had to take off the xxx-ford dealer plate frame off. I didnt buy it up here because a salesman at Cal Worthington wouldnt let me test drive a regular F150. So I went to Seatle.

Old 12-14-2001 | 06:28 AM
No stickers, no dealer tag holders, no front tag

Old 12-14-2001 | 07:15 AM
No sticker here- just a plate frame. Gone the night I got the truck home.

Old 12-14-2001 | 09:09 AM
Left the dealer tag holder on to hold the paper tag and removed it promptly when the metal tag arrived. Removed the dealer emblem as soon as I got it home. Unfortunately, mine was already on the lot and I did not get the opportunity to tell them to leave the front bracket off. OH WELL, it doesn't look that bad IMO, the black on white kind of breaks up the front bumper. My main concern was the damage that is pretty common on these trucks when the dealers take them off the trucks. I looked under 3 of the trucks on the lot, and out of those three, mine was the only one without damage to the front cowl.

Old 12-14-2001 | 09:09 AM
Extreme Ford

Dealer put paper/plastic plates on front and rear, plus it had a Hitch Plug with dealer Logo (do all lightnings come with a hitch plug?) and small Extreme sticker above the blue oval on the tail gate.

The plates had to go but I left the sticker and the Hitch plug. Looks kind of neat --- Extreme Ford ---

Old 12-14-2001 | 09:24 AM
|
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
I left my 'Gene Evans Ford' decal on because they gave me a pretty good deal--with no hassles. Recently, it started lookin' 'ratty' so I lifted it off.

That CornerCarver is a 'tuff' guy!(And before you 'reply', just wait until the 26th of Jan! New 'smack' is goin' down --did I say that right?)

Dan
I better check the Georgia State Laws before Jan. 26, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to smack around SENIOR CITIZENS! I might have to "push one around".

BTW, if you see green... you've lost 'cause I'm already GONE!

Last edited by CornerCarver; 12-14-2001 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Who leaves the dealership sticker on their truck?