stock 02's should be in the 12's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001 | 08:08 AM
Hey Mondo....LOL..you know me I'm such an egotist...lol
I'm looking forward to tomorrow...see ya in the AM
Paul

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Mondo1
Hey Paul--Quit showing off! :BTW--Don't forget about our dyno appointment tommorrow (TUES) C-ya!
HEYHEYHEY......where are you guys getting Dyno'd at......maybe I can escape work and meet up with you guys, depending on time and location............if it's okay to add one more!!

let me know,
thanks,
JC

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:19 PM
... For those that asked for timeslips, just thought I would link this for you...

http://nloc.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004349.html

At the bottom he posted them...

Just for info sake...?

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:27 PM
Ok its me VRUHM. Now i dont want everyone here to get all **** and stuff cuz thats not what its all about, and thats not what im here to do.

Now that i have that out of the way, i cant prove the 13.2 because i dont have the timeslip, but i do have a timeslip from a 13.321 that i will show you guys. Anyways, if you would like to see the truck run, come out to speedworld wednesday, ill let you go through the truck and see if i have any mods. Whatever you guys want. I may also run faster than 13.321 because ill have my slicks at the right pressure this time º¿º

See you people out there, and ill be monitoring this post so feel free to reply. -L8er

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:30 PM
Maybe this was missed in the post on NLOC . . .

Were there any stock '01 Lightinings running last December to compare to?

No, they were not out in December last year!!!

Weather has a lot to do with this. The cool air wakes these beasts up. Not a real fair comparing stock '01's running in March to stock '02's running in December.

In this case, the track conditions also have a lot to do with this to. His MPH was only 103.

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:34 PM
Still look at his 60 foot time, 1.96. with slicks?

I think he could run faster if he pulled the front sway bar off and got some better 60's. gut that biatch and run 12's bone stock!

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:45 PM
Sorry to post again, but who gives a rats a$$.

If you guys haven't noticed, 13.2 is slow! Even the 12's feel slow now, 11's are where its at and pretty soon the 10's are going to be the new thing.

Quite bitching about this cause when it comes time for VRHUM to get a chip on his truck it probably won't do a damn thing excpet change the shift points. His trucks got to be running almost perfect with the A/F.

VRHUML: just to be curious, buy a chip for your truck and go to the track with it out, then install it and see what kind of gains you get. I'm sure we would all be very suprized! No flame intendeed, I believe you ran 13.2.

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:49 PM
Question

Were all the other bone stock runs you are comparing this one to, also run with slicks?

Old 12-17-2001 | 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
...I think he could run faster if he pulled the front sway bar off and got some better 60's. gut that biatch and run 12's bone stock!
I always thought stock was stock. That included all equipment that makes it stock. Original tires, wheels, hitch, spare tire, sway bars, etc. If it doesn't then damn there are some 11 sec. stock Lightnings. They still have their stock cranks.

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:07 PM
I would consider slicks a mod, DEFINETLY! good for a couple tenths! Gutting the trucks worth another 3 to 4 tenths also.

Am I the only person that ordered my truck without a trailer hitch? I got the base model, HAHAHAHA

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:25 PM
I already have a chip on order, but the intention is not to gain horsepower, its just to make it shift harder than a lexus. Horsepower will come from the 4 lb lower pulley, water pump, electric fan, thermostat, and single blade throttle body. These are already on order.

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:48 PM
|
Vruhm,

On both your 13.2 and the other outing on the 13.321, was that on the F1's or on the slicks? Did you drop your sway bar?

Again, I want to clarify that I am not saying you didn't run the 13.2, I'm saying hard to believe (as I have been to the track for 2 years with other Lightnings, but many years before that with other vehicles, and the best I have seen is 13.2's-13.3's from Yoda on a perfect night, and nobody has come close to that unless running slicks and then the time was duplicated, and that was chipped and filtered, but no pulley). So to see a BONE STOCK L with stock F1's running a 13.2, the numbers simply did not add up on the 380 hp figures. And then to see that SVT Girls 02 L ran a 13.8 again further confirms that your time is incredible.

I've been running in Phoenix for years, so for any of you that tell me that conditions, temp, etc, make a world of difference, yes I know all about that very well. I know that running on the best nights that we can run (50 degrees) in the middle of winter and then run in the middle of summer on an 90 degree night makes about a .4-.5 second difference. There is NO WAY that we see more than about .1 second difference from one night to the next between the months of December and February.

So Vruhm, that is why I freaked when I heard you ran a BEST of a 13.68 when Yoda and Struck in AZ were at the track and then you come out 2 weeks later and run a 13.2, with ZERO changes, that is .48 seconds, which is HUGE! I just cant see how you could see that much variation from one visit to the next. And my understanding is that the night you ran a best of a 13.68 your 60 foot times were not that far off from 1.96. The other thing that I can't believe (not that I don't, but that it's amazing), that you could pull a 1.96 60 foot at Speedworld with F1's. Been to the track with many other L's over the past 2 years, and NOBODY has gone below a 2.0xx on F1's.

Now I know all you guys out of state think our times are slow, etc. But, we all consistantly run much slower than all you guys at lower altitude tracks with lower air temperatures. Say what you guys want, but a 13.2 out of a bone stock L here in Phoenix, is absolutely incredible.

Anyhow, I'm going on way too long. Vruhm, I'll see you this Wednesday at the track and am looking forward to meeting you and seeing you run. Maybe I can learn from you how to launch and then maybe my chipped 00 running appoximately 400 horse at the crank will run still slower than your bone stock 02 running 380 horse.

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:52 PM
Look @ my sig for the parts that give you the best bang for the buck.

Once my 6# pulley comes in I will start putting the smaller goodies on (throttle body ect.) I think next will be the ET Drags.

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Vruhm
I already have a chip on order, but the intention is not to gain horsepower, its just to make it shift harder than a lexus. Horsepower will come from the 4 lb lower pulley, water pump, electric fan, thermostat, and single blade throttle body. These are already on order.

I'm sorry but that's one of the stupidest things I've heard.

What do you mean! A chip is what controls everything on that truck. Its the #1 thing you can mod on a L. If you don't have the chip programed for the 4lb lower pulley your going to blow up your motor. And pretty much the only thing you have listed thats worth a damn on HP gain is the pulley, just trying to help you out. I'm sure everyone is ready your quote trying to figure out why in the world somebody wouldn't want the tuner to tune the chip for more power. Thats the one mods next to the nitrous on my truck that gave me the biggest increase in E.T. and performance, as it is with everyone else.

Old 12-17-2001 | 03:47 PM
My stock time with around 200 miles, full weight, and F1's was 13.3@104

Last edited by 99svtlightning; 12-17-2001 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: stock 02's should be in the 12's